San Antonio, Visit Lisa
Trip Start Feb 24, 2009
28Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
I arrived in San Antonio, and met Lisa at a place called La Tuna, which is an old Texas ice house. It was wonderful to see her again. La Tuna shows movies out on a concrete slab, and we caught the last 30 seconds of a Bob Hope flick.
I stayed with Lisa for about 6 days all told. Here are some highlights:
- exploring San Antonio by bike
- ArtPace gallery
- San Antonio library
- losing wallet at Beto's mexican restaurant, and finding it later
- pushcart derby in the park, and meeting Lisa's friends, including Brian McBurnett
- riverwalk tour by boat, with Lisa driving the boat as the guide
- met up with Brian later, who encouraged me to go to grad school, or as Lisa called it, my "man date"
While staying with Lisa, she and I took a trip up to Austin for one night to see our old friend Brandon from Austin College. We had a great night, including a few hours at Austin Karaoke, not quite Voicebox, but the asian equivalent. Brandon's apartment is right at Guadalupe and 30th, so we had plenty to do within walking distance. We went to the Texas History Museum the next day, which was quite good, and included witnessing a Texas-style auction for farm animals.
I really enjoyed staying with Lisa, and hope we can meet up again sometime again soon.