Great British Beer Festival
Trip Start Feb 12, 2008
58Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Tamara and I met up with friends Lori and Roddy to enjoy as many beers as we could possibly handle in a single afternoon. The festival was held at the Earl's Court convention centre and was split up into various areas of the UK: Midlands, Scotland, London, Southeast, Northwest, etc. and then an area for Belgium, German and Czech Republic and oen for USA and Rest of the World.
We took our time traveling to each area of the UK before spending the majority of the day in Germany and Belgium. Obviously.
The end of the day is hazy but we did keep good records of the beers we tasted. The top ones and their score out of 10:
- Augustiner Edelstof (Munich, Germany) - 9
- Warcop Black Bowler (Newport Gwent, Wales) - 9.2
- Bonkers Konkers (Bory St Edmons, Suffok, England) - 8
- Caledonian Marching Orders (Edinburgh, Scotland) - 8
- Keesmann, Herren Pils (Bamberg, Germany) - 9.5
- Brouwar Witnica (Kozlak, Poland) - 9.7
- Doppelbach Dunkel Andechs (Andechs Monestary, Germany) - 9.9
After this point my handwriting becomes illegible.