First Day

Trip Start Apr 30, 2010
Trip End May 01, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Saturday, August 14, 2010

I woke up before my alarm to start doing some jobs at 8. It was funny waking up early but I had been recently at the hostel. I had a good night sleep, better than I'd been sleeping at the hostel for the past week! Had breakfast then started jobs just after 8. I racked up leaves on the drive which took over an hour, it was nice to be working and to do it at my own pace rather than being rushed which is what would happen at a fruit farm no doubt. I finished that and Michelle told me to have a break while she strimmed the weeds up a few little lanes by the Aloe Vera plants. She finished then I had to go over and pull out the weeds, it was easy because there was weed mat underneath so the weeds came out easy rather than me digging them out. I didn’t finish because Michelle told me to go get something to eat because we were going to the beach then going to watch Dallas play soccer at Silkwood, which is a village not far away, sounded good to me!

We went to the beach and it was perfect! Not many people about, as usual, and the sun was out! Me and the kids went in the sea for a bit, then started digging big holes in the sand which was funny because I obviously hadn’t done that for years! Lunch was had on the beach also, good day!

We left for Dallas’ soccer match a bit late but it didn’t matter. We arrived at Silkwood and they’d only just started playing, it was funny watching the teams just chase the ball like all little kids do! After we went to a pub for a drink with a few of the other parents of the boys playing then back to Mission Beach. Michelle got chips and we went and ate them on the beach, then went rock hopping to explore with Dallas and Jamie who found all sorts of different things including a tiny starfish and a couple of sea cucumbers. I thought we were going back to the house then Michelle said we’d go for a walk along the beach for a bit. We saw her friend who came round last night with her jack russell and walked with her. The time went quick and it was almost dark by the time we got back to the ute to go to the house.

The evening was spent doing not much because we were all tired. Tim went out early this morning to go fishing with a few people, and wasn’t back, he didn’t get in until after 10 and had had a long day considering he’d left the house about 5:30 this morning!!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: