Catamaran sunset cruise

Trip Start Aug 17, 2003
Trip End Sep 03, 2003

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Hawaii
Saturday, August 30, 2003

Yet another lazy day at the condo. Erin and Nadine relaxed for most of the day, either reading out on the lanai or watching the darn telly (that time waster..). I did a little bit of work and started sorting the hundreds of pictures we took during this trip.

We were supposed to head out to the Whaler's village for the catamaran sunset cruise and meet at the Whaler's Village at 4:45 but for some reason, even tho we weren't doing anything, we ran a little late. I blame Hawaii time. Erin got us there just in time as they were about to start boarding the catamaran.

I've always had a fondness for catamarans as I had many wonderful memories of going out fishing in the ocean in Malaysia with my dad when I was a little girl, so I was really excited about getting on the boat. There were perhaps, 20 to 30 people there, on a privately chartered cruise courtesy of Chris's parents. All the guests stowed their shoes in a box by the shore, and boarded the catamaran right off the beach barefoot. Our boat, dubbed the Shangri-la was just awesome. They provided appetizers on board, and as we pulled away out into the water, all the guests headed down to the cabin to get drinks and food.

It was funny to see some of the people gingerly walk on board the catamaran. Landlubbers! I was just gleefully happy to be on a catamaran. It's been awhile. A few minutes into the ride, the captain notified us of some dolphins. Nadine and I ran out to the front of the catamaran and saw a few dolphins chasing our catamaran. It was awesome! I wanted to jump into the water with them.

The catamaran pulled back to shore at sunset and Nadine and I had a great time playing in the warm water by the shore.

Some of the others suggested that we head out to a bar so we walked down to this place called Duke's. After waiting for forever (1.5 hour wait!), we decided to find a table at one of the other restaurants in Whaler's village instead. We had some pretty good drinks, some sort of daiquiries while waiting and then, shared a side of mashed potatoes with Erin at very expensive restaurant. We weren't ready to spend $30 on a meal each. (We also couldn't afford it!)

In all, a pretty awesome night. Erin drove us back to Kihei and we got ready for bed.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: