Airport in Addis
Trip Start Nov 03, 2011
23Trip End Nov 11, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
In the waiting area we saw many of the people we had seen the first time we connected in Addis but their families had grown while in Africa. It seemed that a lot of people had come to Africa to adopt children. Their happiness was contagious.
On the plane we sat next to a young woman coming back from a mission trip. They had been teaching ways of preventing germ transmission to a local tribe in Ethiopia. She was a sweet girl and had some interesting stories about her adventure.
The flight from Addis to Washington D.C will give me a lot of time to think about what I have learned on this trip:
- You will need a Yellow Fever Certificate
- I never once used my bug spray or my sun lotion and had no ill effects
- November is a great time to go to Kenya
- Don't waste time trying to find one particular animal. If it is there your guide will make sure you get to see it.
- Use a friend as a beard when trying to take candid shots
- Pump the handle of the toilet to get it to flush fully
Things I knew before but think might be of help planning to visit Kenya
- Don't make animal noises to get the attention of the wild animals
- Keep your door closed to keep out the real monkey business. This means all the time!
- Enjoy the journey not the destination