Living it up in Noosa

Trip Start Nov 06, 2009
Trip End Mar 26, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Saturday, January 9, 2010

From Fraser we headed off to the much spoken about Noosa:)

We all jumped into our people carrier with jules and i crammed in the back keeping a keen eye out for koala's! All was
going well until the sun set and chinner turned on the car lights...only there were no lights, the bloody things didnt work!
So instead we stalked a few cars that were heading in our direction and hoped for the best.

On arrival into Noosa in the dark, dave and i went off in search of a room for the night, now that we were car-less we decided to just
check the immediate area for any vacancies...of which there were none, we seemed to have picked the busiest weekend of summer!!
SO we duly caught a
cab out to our pre-booked accom only to find that the stupid grubby backpacker staff had given away our room!!! at this stage toys
were out the cot and two american girls at the bar at the backpackers had overheard our (my) ranting (not that i was whispering;)
and very kindly offered to share their twin room with us! flip, i was gob smacked at their generosity, to think of all the rude
things i'd said about americans in the past, i take it all back now:)

Anyway so a shot of sambuca and a beer later we decided to decline the kind girls offer and call in the favours and
 went and slept on the couch at the apartment that the rest of the guys had booked in to, and shoooooo weeee was it an
 apartment!!! All tears disappeared and complete awe set in as Chinner showed us round....yes, here we have the beach front
balcony, upstairs you'll find the jacuzzi and bbq area, and yes
that is the integrated sound system that you can hear throughout the house, oh and in your bedroom there's a drop down flat screen
tv with a built in beach cam, just in case you cant be arsed to open the curtains and see if its worth getting up!
and then, my best part, the doorbell was whitney houston simply the best!! sooo cool!!! but take a look at the pics,
this place was unreal!!! we still hadnt figured out what all the buttons on the wall were for by the time we had left!

Day 2 in Noosa was much better after we had seen where we would be staying for the next few days, all the girls got in lots
of beach and pool time lazing away the time on our personalised beach towels from our apartment, probably the most posh
ive ever felt, brilliant.
Sadly Lard had to leave us to return to work, but we would be seeing him on his Adelaide home turf in just a couple of weeks time
so we weren't too upset. It was the end of the road for him with the others though until his return to England in July so
we had a lovely farewell lunch to see him off in style.
That night we decided to use our bbq area as it was better than any restaurant in Noosa im sure, the boys seriously got on
one and Chin and Strap managed to power through the beers until 4am the next morning, the only reason i know this is because
i could hear westlife's "ooooohhhhhh we got a little world of our own" being sung at the top of their lungs at the time,
too funny! The next morning we all went on a walk along the coast, Noosa has some of the most stunning beaches, each bay was
 as aqua blue as the rest with stark white sand in contrast, just amazing and like nowhere else
ive been before. We also managed to finally see some koalas in the tree's along the way!

When Lucy says "we all went on a walk", she doesn't actually mean all of us, as someones antics the night before had got the
 better of them and he was unable to make the coastal walk with us. Chin or a zombified drongo version of Chin did manage to
 drag himself out of bed at 10.30 and make it, camera in hand of course, but Strap was dead to the world and advised us that
 he was going to have  "a little lay in". The little lay in lasted until 3.45pm!! At least he was enjoying the amazing
 starlight suite! It did however mean that he missed the amazing beaches and Koalas so the following morning Chin and I
headed off with Strap on an extended version of the previous days walk so Strap could see a Koala. In our infinite wisdom we
 decided to do this, what turned into about an 8km walk, barefoot. This was fine for the outward leg when the sun was still
 powering up, but after a quick beach frisbee session and in the mid day sun, the sand and ridiculously uncomfortable, sharp,
 stone and tarmac paths
had become excruciatingly hot! We found ourselves making 30 or 40 yard dashes across the intolerable surfaces until we found
the shade of a small bush to huddle in and let our feet cool enough to brave the next dash. It was in hindsight a very bad
decision to not wear our flip flops, and to give you an idea of how burnt the soles of my feet were they actually peeled 4 or
5 days later!

That afternoon we very reluctantly packed up and all piled into our people carrier and set off for Byron Bay.....
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: