Another day, another country

Trip Start Jul 22, 2009
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Thailand  ,
Monday, February 7, 2011

Up early, showered, then headed upstairs for breakfast. Two Irish dudes join me. they've been traveling for 18 months. Six months in South America, 1 year in Australia. The final 6 weeks of traveling through South East Asia on their way back to Ireland for a sister's wedding are a whirlwind tour and they are already exhausted from the constant traveling. They receive their breakfast when the front lobby calls to say their bus is here to pick them up. They are heading to Bangkok on the bus. I wish them luck. I'm glad I decided to fly.

Mr. In is not around and so I get another tuk-tuk driver to bring me to the airport. He has one of my Canadian flags attached to his bike. I guess it either fell off Mr. In's tuk-tuk or he gave him one of the 4 flags. I'm quickly checked in and am about to pass through security when I'm stopped. Water is a no-no. I had grabbed a full bottle from my room before leaving. I gulp that bottle down. Another guy shows up and he has an almost full 1 liter bottle. He drinks a little then puts the remainder in the garbage. I put my daypack on the x-ray machine. I get stopped on the other side. They've caught me trying to sneak through my full Camelback water bottle. They feed a plant. It's the first time I get stopped for this.

In the departure lounge and I see a sign, free wifi. I have over an hour to kill. I decide to try Skype and call Katrine. The last few times I've tried calling her the connection was bad. This time it works, mostly. We chat a while. Then I try calling Alexis. She's at her boyfriends'. I chat with Louise a while.Then I call my mom & dad. It's my dad's birthday on Saturday. My mom says she was in the process of writing me an email. I'm telling you, the Akashic field really works. Not knowing whether I'll have a good wifi connection on Saturday I wish my dad a Happy Birthday. I try calling Alexis back as Louise had said she was suppose to be back soon. I can't get Skype to work now.

Walking out to the plane and parked next to the Bangkok Air jet is an Air Laos prop plane. I wonder whether it's the one from the Pakse to Saigon flight. I sit next to two women from Germany heading home after a brief two week holiday. The 45 minute flight was great. Much better then spending 12 hours on a bus and waiting to clear immigration at a border crossing.

The room I booked is near the airport in a boutique hotel. From my room balcony I have a view of the airport landing flight path. My booking said that I would have a shared bathroom, but I don't. I spend some time reading by the pool. I do some research on Bangkok. I go for a walk trying to find a subway or train station into downtown Bangkok. I go for a traditional Thai massage. This was a 1.5 hour massage. I have the same "problem" as with all my other masseuse. I'm very tall compared to them. I'm also extremely flexible. So when they try and turn me into a pretzel their reach isn't very good. This masseuse laughs a lot. This time I get a very good massage plus some laughter.

I stop for supper. Get some very "hot" Thai food. Then go for some Ice Cream to cool off my taste buds. I book my flight to Phuket and also a shared hostel room bed.

Back at the hotel and I try to decide what to do for tomorrow. Head into downtown Bangkok and tour or just hang out at the hotel by the pool. I'm still emotionally drained. I turn the TV on and on the news is a story about some fighting going on by the Cambodia/Thai border. They report that a tourist has been killed. Maybe it was a good decision to fly, though this fighting was further north then the crossing between Siem Reap and Bangkok. God and my angels always ensure that I'm safe. My thoughts always ensure that the "right" decision is made.

I watch some music videos then go to bed. My hotel in Siem Reap was very nice. Unfortunately the locals had this rooster that crowed (or whatever a rooster does) all night just outside my window. Even my ear plugs barely helped.

Good Night Everyone!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: