The Road that goes where it goes.

Trip Start Jul 22, 2009
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time to move on.

Two days ago I arrived in Death Valley and had cell service after 3 days without any. My phone starts buzzing and ringing as emails get downloaded, text messages come in, Facebook comments notifications arrive, and voice mails ding.

The ones that caught my attention were from my cousin Debby. I had one message in each format from her asking me to call her as soon as I get the messages. I do. She's on the way to pick her father in law up at the airport. They've thrown me out of the room I was staying in. I'm HOMELESS!

He wasn't suppose to arrive until after I left next Tuesday. Change in plans. There's no more room at the Inn. Debby indicates that I can stay in the RV or on the couch in the basement.

No problem for me. This is the life I've chosen. Guess the signs are saying I should be leaving a little sooner.

Last night at RawHyde only 3 of the customers/students stayed on plus a few staff. It was a quiet night of chatting and shooting. The camp had the pleasure of a large bear visiting. Jim tried to scare it away with some buckshot (think it just tickled the bear). Then he took his 9mm out and shot the ground near it. Then it took the hint and scampered away.

There was no rush to leave this morning. One guy had a long drive back to Phoenix and so was long gone by the time I got up. The other customer was waiting for his ride to the airport. I was waiting for the right time to leave to make my 12h45 massage appointment in Simi Valley.

In one of Jim's emails he mentioned that they arrange for a massage therapist to come to the camp on the last night of training. Since we were heading out to Death Valley I replied asking if it was possible to have one when we got back from there. Nope.

Training camp over and the massage therapist shows up and starts massaging the aching students. I overhear her telling someone that she works in Simi Valley. Awesome. That's on my route back to Thousand Oaks. I chat with Maureen and she has an opening just after lunch on Saturday. Damn I love my life. What are the odds that she'd be on the route that I was taking?

I show up at the Bella Amore Spa in Simi Valley shortly after lunch and head into the steam room before my massage. As my luck can get, there was a lovely lady in there already, where we had an awesome chat. Unfortunately neither one of us had a place to keep pen and paper as all we had on were towels. Maybe she'll remember my website address and contact me.

The massage over, a manicure and pedicure definitely sounded like a good option, but I had to get back to Thousand Oaks and pack my stuff.

Arrived at about 2h30 and by 6h30 I had all my stuff loaded up. Debby and BIll indicated there was no rush to leave but I knew that it was time. History repeats itself in my life and change in plans and quick departures seem to be one of those things that come back, over and over again.

One day I'll figure out why.

On the road to Winnipeg tomorrow. Actual route to be determined as I go along.

Thanks a lot Bill and Debby for the accommodations while I was in Thousand Oaks.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: