The Journey Continues.

Trip Start Jul 22, 2009
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm sooooo confused.

I have so many draft entries that are partially written that still need to be finished and posted. How do I write them and enable the readers to know which to read and in which order.

My biggest problem the past couple of months has been the lack of consistent internet access when I have time to write and document what I've been up to. Internet access is one thing. In Canada I tether (connect) my iPhone to my computer and I have instant internet long as I'm in a 3G coverage area. If not, I might still have access but the connection speed is so slow that website pages take a long time to come up. Since I've been in the US, using my iPhone has been expensive due to roaming charges. I finally purchased a US Blackberry (cell phone) and finally have tethering capability for that phone. Technology is great and I don't worry about the cost, as long as it's reasonable...relatively speaking.

I also haven't been so inclined to be in front of the computer writing. That means that anyone interested in reading about my amazing life and philosophies about what experiencing life is all about, aren't. Sorry.

Since everything happens for a reason, and when the time is right, any delays in me documenting my travels and experiences are not a cause for concern.

So what's happened since my last entry? Lots! You don't think I crawl into a cocoon when I stop documenting my life.

Since I haven't posted any travel day entries since I left Canada, and I am missing the entry that says I arrived in Los Angeles on January 22nd, I will update you all on what I have done in the past 2 weeks.

Arrived at my cousin Debby's place in Thousand Oaks, California on Friday, January 22nd. The next day I helped Debby's husband, Bill out while a dozen or so Boy Scouts built Pinewood Derby cars. Bill has a workshop most guys would die to have. There I met a bunch of locals. My car and trailer was parked in front of the house. Advertise, advertise, advertise.

The next day, Sunday, was an awesome day and I went for a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway and into Malibu. Took a few pictures. Met a few gorgeous gals.

From Monday to Thursday I ran errands around the area and visited a few Starbucks. Where else to start up conversations with rich and famous people? Numerous movie stars live in the neighborhood.

Friday to Sunday was the "Dad's Ride Weekend". Debby, Bill and their 2 boys, Will and Chase often head off into the desert with their motorhome and dirt bikes. This weekend was one where only "the Guys" were allowed. No kids. No wives, nor girlfriend. A weekend of wild abandon...or so I was forewarned.

A 3 hour drive into the Mojave Desert, set up camp, a la western, Circle the Wagons. A bonfire to top all bonfires. Movies (Adult) shown on the side of RVs. Beer, beer and more beer. Dirt. Dust. Chili. More beer. Steaks. Drunks. Drunks and more drunks....and a lot of sore bodies. Men in their 40's and older get sore and tired a lot faster then those who are younger.

I had a great weekend. Met a lot of new people. Rode a dirt bike and quad for the first time since I was a kid. Crashed and busted my shoulder. Still think I have a cracked collar bone. The bruising in my upper chest/shoulder area was quite intense. It hasn't stopped me from doing anything. Just sore and tender some days.

The past 3 days have been doing the final prep to move on to Palm Springs. Re-pack the trailer of the stuff I moved into my room at Debby's. Brought my truck in for some maintenance (transmission fluid change) and to resolve a whining sound that popped up in the last couple of driving days to L.A. That was another expensive repair job. The rear axle bearings were worn out. There was also a leak in the 4X4 transfer case. I almost have a new truck.

On Monday I drove into Beverly Hills and parked the Mini Cooper on Rodeo Drive. I love my car. It catches everyone's eye and does all this advertising for my company and starts up conversations I wouldn't be having if I had a "normal" car. I love it. It's all about the marketing and getting noticed.

That's about it for the past 2 weeks. I did do other things in between. Like helping Debby out by driving the boys to where they had to be when she and Bill were busy with other things, and also helping her draft a contract. I do what I can.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: