Rockets Red Glare

Trip Start May 03, 2006
Trip End Mar 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  ,
Monday, July 3, 2006

Jamie started her first day of work today at Quentin Mease hospital. It is a small hospital in one of the ghettos and Jamie's unit consists of 23 beds. After the morning run down of everything she really liked the place and the staff. In the afternoon she was introduced to her first patient in neuro rehab. Her first patient was almost the opposite of what she expected. It was a young guy in his twenties with a close range gun shot wound to his head. Maybe they should change the concealed weapon laws down here in Texas. The first day was quite an experience and I am sure there will be much more interesting stuff to come.

On the trip down from Mass one of the things that I managed to accomplish was to score six tickets to the Astros game. And who did we get to see pitch? The Rocket Roger Clemens. So the two of us, Mikey, and Jenelle met up with Kane and Angela at a sports bar up the street called the VAN (the Astro's equivalent of the Cask n Flagon) and some drinks and dinner. Ironically, the bar had NESN on their big screen so we got to catch most of the Sox game before we headed into our own game.

Although the sky was clear at the time, the forecast called for tstorms and showers, so the dome was closed. The closed dome certainly didn't diffuse the buzz of the crowd since this was only Clemens' second start of the season. It's strange that a ballpark can charge you $6 for a bottle of beer, but it's only $7.50 for the 22 ouncer. I believe I'll take the extra 10 ounces for the dollar fifty more, thanks.

I could go into detail about the game, but if you really wanted the stats you could just go to the Astro's homepage. The game ended with the Astro's on top, but Roger didn't get the win. (Though I could be wrong. We did have quite a few of those 22 ouncers.)

As the game ended and the crowd stood up to leave, the announcer came on t let us know that the dome would be opened shortly (and by shortly he meant that it took twenty minutes to slide that thing open) and the fireworks would begin soon. Kane took the initiative and led us down to seats closer to the field. It was a display set to music that could only have been rivaled by the show at East Brookfield.

As we stood up to leave I realized that my wallet was gone. I thought it was karma for making fun of Ivy and Mike for getting pick pocketed in Brazil. Turns out I just dropped it like an idiot back at our old seats. Luckily a large elderly Asian woman sat on it, and that was just as good as storing it in a safe since no one would have reached under there.

After I found my wallet, we headed across the street to another bar. We had a few drinks there and decided to head out to play shuffle board. Except when we got to D&Bs for shuffle board they had already closed since it was 1am and a Monday.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: