Tourist spots of San Francisco (Day 3)

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our morning and evening treks to the BART station have been getting easier. We're also figuring out the train systems a little better now. We took the BART to Embarcadero, essentially back to Pier 1 and took better shots with the Gandhi statue. We also ordered a couple of empanadas from the indoor food market in the Ferry Building to help kickstart our morning. Afterwards, a San Francisco resident pointed us in the right direction to catch the Muni train. He told us to take the Enjudah, and he kept pointing downstairs, so we went down to the subway, found the Judah train which was the N line, and then it all clicked! Ahhha! The N Judah! That took us to the Ocean Beach where I read online the rocks there were covered in mussels. But the weather today was far different than yesterday’s and we were almost being swept away by the wind. After walking so much yesterday and already so much today, we decided the mussels would be too hard to find, so we started on our trek to the Golden Gate Bridge. We passed the Golden Gate Park, walked through a few tall picturesque trees, and caught a bus to the Golden Gate Bridge. What a magnificent sight! There were tourists everywhere despite the cold and the wind, and we walked up and down the bridge and caught a few great shots along with everyone else.

Afterwards, we got lunch at one of Little Italy’s restaurants, Fior D’Italia. I ordered the pumpkin ravioli in a sage and butter sauce with pine nuts, and Kevin ordered the ravioli in a meat sauce. Kevin’s ravioli doesn’t sound like much, but there was something about it! I shared so many bites of his lunch, that I couldn’t even finish my own! We then went back to get more hot chocolate from Ghirardelli square, but its dine in restaurant was closed due to some private event, so we stopped by one of their other stores. Apparently, everyone else that got rejected from the first store also did the same thing we did. Naturally, the place was packed, and there were only about 5 tables (seating 2 each) that you could sit at. However, they did have a big fire pit on the outside, so we tried to stay warm out there with our hot chocolate. Even though it was cold outside, it was fun to end the night with a warm cup of hot chocolate!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: