Trip Start Aug 02, 2010
26Trip End Dec 22, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Walking with Lee for what seemed like an hour with our packs to Lappis the first time.
- Running around in the City Rally in pouring rain (then discovering it wasn't a race at all)
- Checking out the cool Stockholm festival with Yee-Ling's German friend, Janina and seeing a most awesome harmonica solo and jazz band
- Arriving in Grinda and having the sun come up
- Seeing the crazy Spanish people do "CAMARERO!" on the bus at Janis's B'day XD
- Picking wild apples with Yee-Ling in Djurgården!
- Realising that people like my dancing!
- Arriving at the Grand Place (Grote Markt)....wow....
- Chilling at a bar with my Gauloise and hanging with Yee-Ling...delicious!
- Discovering the flea market in Brussels and buying a heap of junk
- Finding more and more to like about Brussels as we wander it's crazy crazy streets
- Finding a woodpecker as I rode through the forest with Patrick and Janis
- Hearing an AMAZING Swedish choir in the church on Skeppsholmen
- Doing some awesome light paintings on mushy mushy ground...also the word "mushy" XD
- Forming the awesome MORA picture on the jetty
- Watching the sunset over the Siljan lakes
- Going into the Orsa Bear Park with Jurassic Park playing
- Seeing a tiger just 2m away
- Moritz yelling "Achtung!" as Janis drives over a speed bump just a little bit too fast
- Experiencing a massive Swedish student dinner at Natom, drinking Punsch and singing songs and trying to talk bad Swedish! Skål!
- Walking through and playing in Göteborg with ts awesome awesome weather
- Wha!? A flute solo in Tiger Rag!!!! XD
- Enjoying a Spritz in Venice as I watched the sunset
- Getting given the nickname "Budgie" by Janis
- Couch surfing with Eugene and Marcelo in Berlin and meeting some authentic Berliners
- Seeing the bullet holes in Berlin and having all the history hit me like a brick (in a good way =P)
- Finishing an Eisbein in Berlin...after 2 hours. Then getting leberwurst and blutwurst the next day.
- Doing the Nollen and having jam poured all over me, then becoming proper PQ =D
- Playing with a semi frozen pond in Örebro and looking like idiots
- Trying to learn Helan går with 2 Germans, a Finnish and a Belgian XD while eating homemade kanelbullar and drinking Finnish Vodka (with fishermen's friend! refreshing!)
- Having Fika with Ammara and learning about the French Pff
- Having delicious Italian food cooked by Patrick (an Austrian =P) and meeting some very lovely people (special mention to Cara, Livia and Maggy =P)
- Trying Amsterdam Coffee for the first time =P
- Going to a Russian dinner and getting the "marriage leaf"
- Going ice skating for the first time EVER
- The day of the amazing "ice trees"
- Being at the MGMT pre-concert party
- Thinking that I've seen the Northern Lights for about a minute of so
- Hugging the dogs after an amazing dog sled ride
- Jumping into -20C snow in Kiruna with 3 other crazy people
- Seeing "Bambis" while walking home with Janis after our last swim lesson
- Deep fried fondue at DKV!
- Having a snow fight at DKV!
- Using my head to build the world's biggest snowman at DKV! With Ben, Lisa, Wim, Yee-Ling, Paul and Suta =P (+ architectural direction from Alicia)
- Going sledding with Yee-Ling, Lee, Maite, Alex, Paul and Michael and doing the run and jump =P
- Having one last corridor party with the people at DKV 71 1 and seeing a drunk Mo talk about his bench =P
- Chilling at an Australian Christmas BBQ at May's
- Austrian Lasagne take 2 =)