Return of the scamp

Trip Start Feb 09, 2009
Trip End Dec 02, 2009

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  , England,
Friday, July 31, 2009

31st July to 2nd August - Peterborough

After a few days recooperating from our travels with my Mum & Dad in Ossett we were more than ready to meet the boys in Peterborough for a weekend. These guys were friends of mine from university days when we used to meet up at various points around the country for highjinks, drinks and laughs a plenty. I had seen Simon and Craig a few times since I left for NZ in '04 but not John and Mark so it was brilliant to catch up with everyone that Friday night in the curry house. Even though I had been in NZ for 5 years we got straight back in the swing of things and visited all our old haunts in P'boro. On the friday after a curry we went to the Brewery Tap pub for a few quiet drinks. This pub had been under threat of closure for the last 10 years but still was clinging on in the face of city centre development. On Sat lunchtimeeveryone apart from Mark met at the Granery for lunch, some quiz machine and then a bit of pitch and putt. We must have developed some knowledge over the past few years as the quiz machine fell under our spell and we cleaned it out of all of its cash. Nate entertained us by trailing one of us around the pub exploring - John and I did the bulk of the work leaving through one door and then entering back in the front door (this happened at least 16 times!!). After that it was time to hit the greatest floating pub known to mankind, Charters, before heading off for some traditional KFC 'chackarn' for dinner. One more stop at the Key Theatre to pick Mark up (who had been working) and then we were back in Charters for the rest of the evening. The drinks flowed, the conversation got a bit raucous and suddenly it was kicking out time. Craig did his duty and fell asleep on his parents sofa for old times sake somehow managing to pour beer over his own crotch when twitching. We left him to it and went to bed. Next day after enjoying Mr & Mrs S's company for a while (Craigs parents) we headed to Mark's parents house for a barbie. It was a hot afternoon which did nothing for our hangovers but made it good to sit outside. It was good to spend some time with Anna and little 7 week old William (Nate's new bro). Little Nate was star of the show again as he went around the guests with his etch a sketch looking for the best drawers. JBA showed his skills off drawingt a series of lamps which the little man loved. After saying some sad goodbyes to the crew, Cesca drove us back up the motorway as I was a bit tired and emotional. It had been really good to see all the boys again in one go. We have all changed loads ovver the last 5 years, 2 of us are married and 1 of us has 2 kids! Even so we quickly got back into what made us friends in the first place - humour- and set about having as much fun as possible. I have to thank the girls (our partners) at this point as they put up with us, looked after us and generally aided and abetted the weekend helping it turn out into a great event.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: