I hear the sweet sounds of adieu

Trip Start Jan 19, 2005
Trip End Feb 23, 2005

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Well this is the last entry of this travelogue. Finally!!!! I can't believe I've chronicled every day of my trip. I thought I'd crash and burn in the second week, but some how I made it through. Looking back at some of the entries, I'm glad I did. There are lot of little things that I had already started to forget.


My flight out of Bangkok was scheduled to leave at 10:40pm. I decided to pay an extra half day rate on my hotel room and was able to stay until 6 pm. I didn't feel like wandering the streets, sweating it up, and then hopping on a plane. If I had done just that, I would have pitied the speechless Korean women that had to sit beside me on the plane.

But first off... after taking a minibus from Khao San Road to the airport, I went straight to the check-in counter. Well, much to my utter surprise, I wasn't booked on the flight I needed, Bangkok-Seoul. Even though I held a paper copy of my ticket, my booking wasn't in their computers. They really didn't explain much and just told me to come back at 9:50pm. I was now subjected to the joys of stand-by,

I knew arguing with them would be fruitless, so I bit my tongue. When I came back to the counter at 9:50, there were three other people waiting for stand-by as well. At that point, I was a little concerned. In the end it worked out. We all got tickets.

With only 10 minutes to spare, I rushed to the gate... only to find the flight delayed. Normally it's weather or mechanical problems that causes the delay, but this was a first for me. We were having crew problems. None of them were there!!! I guess they all got stuck in Bangkok traffic and showed up 35 minutes late.

Note to self: In the future, be punctual when meeting Koreans. I have never seen anybody so angry about being delayed. Women and men were piping up and screaming God knows what at the airport staff. As I mentioned before, arguing would be fruitless... and it was. It was quite funny when the pilots and flight crew did show up though, some of the Korean passengers mockingly started to applaud for them. Yeah, the Asiana folks were a little embarrassed.

Anyways, made it to Seoul and that's where I am now. I've been practically living in this airport for over 10 hours now. I've got another hour to go. Haven't made the best of my time in South Korea really. Just been sitting here doing the "sleepy nod dance" with my head, and wandering back and forth on the different airport levels.

Well, this is when I bid adieu.

It's been a great trip! Cambodia is without a doubt the most fascinating country I've ever experienced. And Vietnam, is where I've met some of the best people and, as a result, I've had some real memorable times "back in 'Nam".

Good times indeed. Ah yes, good times.
Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: