Notes from Tiger Leaping Gorge
Trip Start Jul 28, 2009
51Trip End Jul 27, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Missed the high road by 2 hours
- Large sign showing us where to go.
- Lots of construction on the lower road
- Took secret path up the gorge by a guide
- Guide refused to accpet money and ran away!
- Reached Naxi family guest house, well deserved meal.
- Decided to stay the night, around 4
- Commenced the drinking
- Jimmy, Caly, us, 1 Italian + Slovakian
TLG day 2
- Set off early at 11 o’clock
- Just before the mid day heat hit
- 28 bends was the hardest part of the walk
- Accended 1000m
- Well worth it for the view at the half way point
- Pressed on, lots of different eco systems along the way.
- Ranging from desert like, to pine forests to coniferous forest.
- Tea horse inn - Lovely lunch, took a while
- Went past Tina’s, to Seans
- After a very stressful journey from the TLG