A moment to think in hippiesville
Trip Start Dec 10, 2011
60Trip End Sep 29, 2012
Show trip route
Where I stayed
With this new laid back vibe, I have had a moment to chill and think. So this traveling thing, what's it all about, what am I learning... a few thoughts;
1. I appreciate my friends and family 100% more
2. I can survive without milk in my tea
3. Everyone has advice to tell me, listen to all of the advice and tales, you might be suprised when you need it or use it
4. My skin on my face seems to be the barometer of all things; stress, weather, mosquito bite target!
5. Food has a direct affect on your stomach and toilet habits, thanks to a plentiful supply of rice and beans in Costa Rica, things have been a bit more windy recently :)
6. Not everything is what is seems, or how's it described...
I have a few examples;
- I used a web site last week to transfer via paypal a $100 deposit to the next language school I was going to, turns out it was another site pretending to be the school, I have protected myself by using PayPal so I am disputing this transaction and hopefully it will have a happy ending.
-advice on travel forums about hostels, places to go and see take with a pinch of salt - really, go with what you think you will like or enjoy
7. I don't care too much for perfection in speaking a foreign language, I want to just think in the language, not wonder about if it's the past participle of a future indicative verb! The grammar will come.
8. I still really do not like cats and they know it! But I better get used to them and the dogs everywhere, I'm sure there's more of them all to come.
9. Don't check off the list of places and things you 'should do', enjoy right now and where you are and what you're doing at that moment - carpe diem and all
10. I love being at the beach and by the sea, water and wildlife is known to reduce the blood pressure don't you know?
11. Let the interesting stuff just happen, don't plan it
12. When a stick is moving, it's probably not a stick moving but a snake.
13. I like to have fun and not be serious all the time, surround yourself with people that are fun, life's too short. I discovered in Spanish the verb 'to chat' is 'charlar', sounds like Charlotte/Charlie ;) me gusta charlando mucha!!