Hello Sydney ❤

Trip Start Oct 08, 2012
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
What I did
Sydney Harbour Bridge
Read my review - 5/5 stars
Sydney Opera House
Read my review - 5/5 stars

Flag of Australia  , New South Wales,
Saturday, November 10, 2012

As we flew into Sydney the view was amazing. Seeing the opera house and the Sydney bridge made it all seem that but more real.

We managed to jump into a airport shuttle bus and our driver must have taken a shine to us as he offered to drop us off at our hotel and then wait for us whilst we quickly freshened up and then headed out to check out Sydney's Saturday night life.

The hostel we checked into seemed alright. We booked a triple room so it was nice to have our own space. Wanting to have a few drinks we asked where the cups were, however there was only one mug which you had to pay a $10 deposit for! Joke! So the taxi driver went and brought some cups and mixers whilst we got changed!

We headed to scruffys since everyone seemed to go there. Its a irish bar so it was full of the irish! Drinks were expensive so it worked out cheaper to drink beer or cider. A JD and coke was $7.50 which doesn't seem to bad until they serve it to you in a midget sized cup!

We partied to the early hours and managed to get a couple of hours sleep before having to check out of the hostel and head to Nomads Westend hostel - our home for the next week.

Westend is a big hostel and our room was on the 12 floor! Luckily there is a lift however it rakes forever and seems to stop at every bloody floor!

We booked a 6 bed dorm. We were the first to check in so we all grab the bottom bunks and best storage spaces! Two guys turned up later called Sam and Harry. They were brothers and had checked into the hostel for a few days. Later on we met Nick a Kiwi who made our dorm complete.

Leigh, Michael and Clare were still in Sydney so we met them at the Sydney opera house. Seeing the opera house, the bridge and the views was amazing! Everything is stunning. We took a few photos and then headed on to Darling Harbour. We went to a Lindt cafe. I ended up getting a Lindt chocolate fudge sundae which was amazing but at $16.50 it was a tad pricey!

We walked round and took in the views. We all headed back to the hostel. I ended up staying in and chatting to Nick whilst the girls headed out for the night.

We spent the day at Bondi beach which is incredible. Not only is the beach, the sea and the surrounding area beautiful but even the people are beautiful!

The hostel was hosting a free BBQ at Coogee beach so we decided to head there for the free food! The weather was a tad windy but we all sat down and got on the goon!

Goon is just boxed wine. You get 4.5 litres for around $14 or two boxes for $25. We chatted with everyone and had a laugh. We got back to the hostel and carried on the partying. We played some goon pong and drunk some more. We headed to Worlds bar where the ladies got free champers and the men who dresses up as ladies got free champers. Most of the lads were all dolled up in dresses and wigs! They all looked pretty hilarious.

That night we discovered floor 13 aka the sex dungeon! It was a pretty disgusting room! Shame on you boys!

Being a party hostel everything involves drinking goon and getting hammered! I don't personally think goon is that bad and after 4.5 litres to myself it tasted good!

We were a tad noisy when we got back to the dorm and we brought the party back too. The two brothers in our dorm got a tad annoyed. They made a complaint the following day and got a telling off and a final warning.

To be fair the boys were immature and started shouting abuse at us. They even decided to move out of the dorm and look for alternative accommodation. Even a member if staff had to accompany them to the room to vacate their stuff. The atmosphere was intense to say the least and things got a 100 times worst when one of the lads iPod went missing. Luckily we found it. The boys left and then Helen gave us another bollocking. To be fair the lads told the staff a bunch of lies which there wasn't any need for but they were gone so thats all that mattered. That and behaving ourselves!!!

We planned to stay in Sydney for 4 days or so since we were heading back there for christmas we thought we would explore elsewhere. However 3 weeks later we found ourselves still in Sydney and still at Nomads Westend Hostel!

I would love to say we explored Sydney and went on lots of excursions but that would be a lie. Yes we checked out the main attractions and spent a day at Coogee, Bondi and Manly beach which were so beautiful but apart from that we didn't do much else apart from gang around the hostel.

I probably had the best three weeks in Sydney down to the fact that the people we met were awesome. We had so many laughs and good nights mucking around an having a ball. There was a lot of alcohol involved and i probably need a new liver soon but i wouldn't change how i spent my three weeks in Sydney any other way.

I do now have a moustache tattooed on my finger. I would like to say that i wanted it and i suppose i did in my drunken state! Note to self; don't get a tattoo when drunk. Especially just half a tattoo because the person doing the tattoo aka Steve is also drunk! Lol. Luckily he was kind enough to fix it for me so i now have full tattooed moustache. It was the most painful tattoo I've ha bit i do kinda love it!

Steve, Lou, Loz, Louise, Lee, Dan, Billy, Kabz, Maxy, Lydia, Tom, Alan, Jonesy, Shane, Rob and many others made my three weeks. I had such a good time and looking forward to getting back to Sydney to see them all again.

We managed to meet up with Lowri, a girl we met on a bus on the way to Koh Samui in Thailand (random) she is another awesome girl and we seemed to click straight away although i may have been a bad influence and after one to many "lets down your drinks" she ended up with her end down the toilet! However we met up a few times whilst in Sydney and it was great to see her.

Charlie finally got her cast off the day before we decided we were going to leave and head up the East coast. However that bight she managed to slip on egg and salad dressing and crack open her chin! 2 hours in A&E and 5 stitched later she was raring to go again! Have never met a girl more unlucky then her!

Anyway we booked our east coast and paid a shed loads o money for a jam packed 23 day trip! We planned on making our way up to Byron bay, Brisbane, Hervey Bay, Magnetic islands and Caribs with a load of trips along the way. It was good yo have finally booked some trips instead of wasting money on alcohol (story of my life)

Leaving Westend was like leaving home again - Horrible. After 3 weeks of staying with the same people it had become like a home. I liked the fact i knew everyone and could walk into floor one and there would always be someone i knew. The fact we were moving on and had to start over again was something i didn't want to do but at the same time i was looking forward to out adventure and meeting more people.

It was sad to leave and after a lot of hugs an kisses we made our way to the train station to catch our 12 hour bus ride to Byron bay. Lou, Steve, Dan and Lee went with us to say bye.

Before long we were on our way to start the next part of our oz adventure...

Moles xxx
Slideshow Report as Spam

My Reviews Of The Places I've Seen

Loading Reviews
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: