Sams First Christmas

Trip Start Dec 08, 2007
Trip End Dec 28, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Illinois
Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas morning and stockings were opened. With the snow outside, the beautiful tree and part of my family gathered together it had all the makings of a great Christmas and we weren't to be disappointed. Sam opened his presents with a little help from his parents.  He delighted in the wrappings and the gifts ] probably both getting equal attention) after which we opened ours. Christmas Dinner was a very enjoyable meal. Wendy a friend of Leah and James joined us; Glen (Wendys husband and friend of James and Leah) was in Seattle and due to the bad weather was unable to return.    It was almost a traditional British Christmas with the addition of sweet potato casserole made by Wendy and green bean casserole which Leah made. Wendy also made a desert but we were all to full to eat it, but did it justice later in the day.  The remainder of the day was spent playing with Sam, chatting and later playing games on the Wii and watching a video before bed. We did briefly pop out to the supermarket. When we returned Sam had a black eye. Andy and I had got him a wooden baby walker for Christmas and while we were out James and Leah had put it together for him. He really seemed to like it but lost his balance and banged his face on the wheel. Resulting in his first black eye. Although it looked really sore it didn't seem to bother him too much.
  Monday was to be our last full day with the family and we wanted to make the most of it. Unfortunately James had to work but Leah Sam Andy and I went out for breakfast/ lunch at about 11. We went to a pancake house that Sam and Leah visit all the time. Every waitress in the place seemed to notice the black eye and had to come over to ask about it. After we had eaten Sam and Leah went home for a nap.
I had promised to buy my mum a particular perfume and so far had been unable to get it.  So Andy and I went for a last look around the shops still no luck with the perfume. I did however take a picture of the rest room at the mall and we got Sam a Bob the builder balloon.  .When Andy and I got back I finally put the last stitches in a blanket I had been making for Sam since before he was born. I was so pleased I took a photo of it before giving it to Sam.We also gave him the balloon .   Wendy and Glenn joined us for dinner ( a really good Chinese take out.) After which we chatted and played on the Wii and then Andy and I packed our  things and turned in as we were leaving in the morning.
The morning was a very sad time as we got ready to go. Andy got the snow off the car, after which James said his goodbyes and left for work. We packed up the car, had a last play with Sam and a final kiss and cuddle and then we were on our way.  I think I cried for the first hour of our trip to the airport as leaving part of our family is always the hardest thing I ever have to do. But its great to know they are a happy loving family group who always make us welcome and  that we can get to see them often.  
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: