Bon voyage Jords

Trip Start Aug 07, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Maine
Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hey guys

It's been a good and sad week. Jordan and I have been out for dinner and drinks to celebrate
 him leaving.  It has gone so quickly. It's already November. I can't believe it. Only six more weeks and I'm off to Europe to see Jords!
Counting down the days!!

Jordan left on Thursday morning at 4:00am. The night before we took it easy, as Jordan
did not want to be hung over when he was flying. He had learned his lesson from Vancouver and knew how painful it could be. We sorted out all his luggage and threw things away that he didn't
need to lighten the luggage. Jordan had his main suite case, his bike bag filled with jackets and shoes, and finally his backpack. I picked up the bike bag and nearly broke my back. I don't think
Jordan was keen on lagging it around all the airports. Ha ha. So we get to the airport and it's freezing cold when we get out the cab. Not liking the cold!

Jordan gets charged $65 for both his bags. Which is not a good start to the trip, as he has four more flights to catch.... and more money to be spent on luggage.
We check the TV and Jordan's flight is boarding. Surprisingly, the airport was really busy, so he needed to get in line. We said our good byes!! I was pretty sad and I waited until Jordan got through the security check point. We must have waved good bye like a thousand times.
I cried!! I also saw a black Labrador, just like Eski which was with security guards. This made me upset to! Good bye Jords, I know he will be living it up in London as I type this. I got a cab home
and it was like a daze. I got back home and had a quick snooze.
I woke up and skyped with my family. Sype is amazing! If anyone has it add me ceilidh.robertson. I even got to see my Little Eskos! I spoke with my parents and they had a wonderful time in Japan.
They said it was very expensive, but very nice! My father had arranged to meet up with a friend
who he worked with in Monaco, who is now working in Japan. Tony gave my
parents the grand tour and took them to many temples. Tony said the company he works
for are looking for staff. The company provides a house and transport to work.
Dad has already sent them his resume. So fingers crossed. Looks like Jordan and I are off to Japan after Europe.... It just keeps on getting better. I also got to see my brother, who
was super excited about coming to America. He flys to Dubai, NY then to Florida.
He is in Florida as we speak. Lucky duck! Then on Thursday he flys back to NY and I meet
with him on Friday. So excited. Breck has already booked us tickets for Dirty South for
the Friday night- a wicked DJ. Saturday we are doing a movie tour, Sunday Empire State and pubs, clubs and restaurants........ oh and shopping in between. It will be so good to see my bro.
He will stand out due to his accent. I'm also really excited about going back to NY.

Uni in the morning was great, we have just started Vitamins and minerals in my animal
nutrition class. We are looking at deficiencies and how to fix them.  I really enjoy this class and hope to pursue something similar back home. I will have to finish my degree first before I try something else. My other class Neuroscience was great to. It's the first time in 6 weeks I have
actually understood the lecture. Ha ha. We are discussing the biological clock. The professor has
some really interesting research which he loves to share. Anyway enough about uni.

Every Friday the international students association holds Coffee hour. Coffee hour is somewhere all the international students can meet up and get to know each other, or just catch up.
There is always a theme to the free food that they put on. Sometimes people do presentations
about their country. It is always good to go. After coffee hour, I went out for dinner with Jovana and Tom. Jovana is from Montenegro and Tom is from England. After dinner I met Jovana and Maria at the bar in town. Their friends band was playing. It was a really fun night! We ended up going back to Jovanas friends place till late to continue the party. One of the guys from the band
is not a student, he is stuck here until he has enough money to go back to Colorado. Ha ha.
I thought that was funny. So, was really good to get out and meet some new people.
Have finally met some wicked, fun and interesting people!

Today I got to skype with Jordan. It made me so happy!!!!! He seams to have settled in.
There are two Portuguese girls and a guy in his dorm room. He said a kiwi chick and all her bros mates were there to. He has been riding his bike around and exploring. He is still adjusting after flying and lay over for over 36 hours. Fuk, something to look forward to hey (for me, when I go).
Anyway he seemed in good spirits and there is heaps to do. He said the location is great and central to many bars, restaurants and shops. The weather is also warmer then Maine, so hes
pretty stoked about that. Being in a t-shirt in the day. Heaven.

Ok guys that's whats been happening in my life. I can't believe how quickly this is all going.
Not long now till Christmas and 40 degrees days in Perth. How nice! Missing Jords, missing family, eski and tarj and missing friends! But still enjoying myself and looking forward to more new experiences and more travel tales.

My next post will be from NEW YORK CITY.
Hopefully Jordan will start posting his journey too!
Sorry guys, no photographs!

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: