The show

Trip Start Aug 07, 2011
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Eileens Place
What I did
Dressage Show

Flag of United States  ,
Monday, October 17, 2011

G'day guys

I went to New Hampshire on Saturday for a dressage show. I left Jordan sleeping in the afternoon.
Obviously he was to exhausted from his trip. I was picked up by the girls and we went to Eileen's parents house. It took us three hours to get there. When we arrived it was dinner time.
Eileen's parents had gone to so much effort in making our dinner. We had nut loaf ( yes, vegetarian food), mashed potatoes, squash, and cranberry sauce. Eileen's mum had also made a roast chicken and a chicken pie. There was plenty of food for all the girls. After dinner we had tea and home made punkin woopie pies. They were delicious! Next it was all the girls in the lounge for a movie marathon of girlie flicks. We were up at 5:30am to get ready. Eileen's mum had made fruit salad, yogurt and granola. We also had hot cinnamon scrolls. They were delicious!

The dressage show was held at New Hampshire University. They had a massive horse facility and many beautiful horses. We all walked around and checked out the horses and the area. The parade then started and showed all the different horses. The girls rode the horses and the New Hampshire coach described the horses temperament, riding style and personality of the horse. It was like they were showing the horses for a date at an auction. Anyway was lovely to see all the horses.

Through out the day the girls need to each do a test. Which is a memorized circuit around the arena encompassing walking, trotting and cantering. The rider is judged on how her or she performs this task and how the rider can transition from each ride. The rider only has ten minutes to warm up with a horse they have never ridden before. It was back and forth, supporting the girls in the practice ring then watching them in the arena. It was also a freezing day. I had my massive snow jacket on and gloves!

The team did not do as well as they had hoped and were very disappointed. It was a pretty long day and an even longer drive home. We stopped back off at Eileen's parents place where we had dinner and then we were off on the road again. Got home around 9pm and Jordan had been making a curry. Jordan is feeling almost back to normal.

This weekend we are going to Acadia Park. Hopefully we see some moose- which we are booth yet to see.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: