Court Case

Trip Start Jun 08, 2006
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  ,
Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday 22 July
Arrived at Stanstead at 1245 and was surprised it was as hot as what I'd come from. No trains (welcome to England), studied my options and decided to go into London and out to Birmingham. Replacement bus got stuck in traffic so I got off at Bow Road and got the tube to Euston after a change at Monument. Train in so ran to catch it. Sat by guards box and he said he'd got no driver although he announced there was a mechanical problem in the cab, so train delayed by 30mins. Then we had to go via Nuneaton and get dragged by a diesel, then off at Sandwell and Dudley to catch the 404 bus, off at the Fullbrook and walked to mothers for food. Route march to the flat, quick shower and walked to Katz for 2145 for a drink with Rob, George, Lynn and Mick and strange girl who Mick eventually left with. Me and Rob went to the stein bar where I drank through it to the end. Walked home and made the mistake of trying to read my emails.

Sunday 23 July
Woke up slumped on my computer keyboard so put myself to bed. Up at 12 feeling bad, back to bed at 1215. Round mothers for speed Sunday lunch. Back home, then caught train to meet Rob and George at Birmingham New Street at 1730. Strange train journey: Birmingham one stop to Stafford changed one stop to Crewe changed one stop to Chester. Walked to hotel then a few drinks before bed.

Monday 24 July
Up at 8, full English breakfast, then taxi to the court for 9.45. Nobody about in the public area. Robs assistant barrister arrives then the main barrister for a briefing in a side room. We then get called that the court is ready so we go into public area where the opposition are and also Chelsee and Leisa. They all file in and we file in after finding they are sitting at the back so we walk past and sit next to them. More or less straight into the action so Rob gets called, a few basic questions by his barrister then the opposition barrister tries to take him apart. Rob appeared to handle it well. Myself, George, Leisa then Chelsee, all take the stand all getting a bit of stick from their barrister. Then the opposition take the stand, Billy performs well but the second witness is all over the place. Another lady swears on her father life she is telling the truth, he must be dead by now. Then they call a policeman who seams to help Rob's case more than their own. We break for lunch and go for a wine and food with the ladies, checking the pub for the opposition first. Back into court for Billys wife who performs well and mother who has a rant at Rob but that just confirms our statements from the next morning. Next both barristers sum up and then some legal argument then the judge says he wants to sleep on the evidence and he'll make judgement in morning. We retire to side room to discuss compensation amount should the case go in Robs favour. We then go for a post court drink and back to the hotel to get changed. While were all crammed in the toilet someone tries to come in to much confusion. Walked to the train station and myself and George got direct train to Wolverhampton, Rob stayed another night. George took the metro home, but I went for the Sandwell and Dudley option. I asked the guard what time the next train was to Walsall. I worked out it was slightly quicker to catch the Walsall train. So waited around for train but it never turned up so ended up going to S and D anyway and the 404 bus.

Tuesday 25 July
Blogged all day. Rob called to say he'd won. Caught bus to Darlaston for dentist in the afternoon. Walked back about 4k. Dry day.

Wednesday 26 July
Blogged all day. Another dry day.

Thursday 27 July
Went for a 17k run and it hurt. Blogged, went and brought some sandals and watch battery. Footy in the evening was hot, nice to see everyone is still slightly unfit...

Friday 28 July
Up at 8 walked to mothers for full English breakfast, damn sandals are rubbing my ankle. Packed, then out in Shakespere, but queues were horrendous so got a jug from Apres. Queues had died down but still waited 30m for a pint of vinegar, fortunately tried it and refused. Decided to go to A&B, quicker service, fantastic beer but no seats outside. Managed to find seats and had the usual drunken, dancing (now done lying on my back doing a dying fly) night. Little altercation with Laura and Drains then taxi home.

Saturday 29 July
Up at 10 as didn't know what time Bruce was picking me up so had to phone him. Wasn't till 12 so went back to bed. Bruce picked me up and we drove to my brothers through all roadworks due to melted tarmac . Had a sandwich at Eddies, saw Wendy and Elenor the back on the road. Found out M1 was shut so had a little scenic drive around the Silverstone area. Back on motorway at Milton Keynes only 3 hours into journey, but rest was OK to Ashford. Donna had cooked us a fantastic meal and then walked into Ashford to get bus to a beer festival, Got pissed (even drinking cider) then taxi back and sat up watching video footage from Phillipines.

Sunday 30 July
Up at 9 feeling a little ill. Conrad (ex assistant chef) cooked breakfast, watched some Sri Lanka holiday footage then decided to go to the Whitstable Oyster festival. Got in car started driving to Whitstable then decided to go to Dungness so turned round. Drove to Dungness and got on the Dimchurch Hove and something railway. The best miniature railway in the world apparently. Beautiful steam trains from 1926 miniature version of real thing. Went to see the sea in Dimchurch, unusual custom of going in the sea fully clothed. Went to the Ocean pub for fish and chips and a pint in the beer garden. They had about 10 choices of fish but we still went for cod. Donna tried to put umbrella up but the wind was too fierce and it nearly took the table away. Caught train back then car back to Conrads, then land rover to Deptford, train to Woolwich Arsenal, missed my stop as falling asleep, but then only one platform was working so I had to catch train back to Plumstead past Woolwich then back. Sat in the pub had a couple of pints waiting for Rob. Left at 12 slightly pissed and straight to bed. I slept downstairs but woke up on the middle floor bed so went back downstairs. I must have gone for a pee then got back in the wrong bed (gratefully empty). This is going to get serious.

Monday 31 July
Up at 8 quick shower and caught train-tube-train-plane-coach-tube to central Prague. Had a recommended hostel but couldn't find it so after about 2k I found a new good one that welcomed you with a micro-brewery beer. Went on computer, met a nice American girl then a Japanese couple. Got talking and found the English speaker was calling her him so I corrected his English. It was actually a man (hairdresser), the English speaker said hes got a cock and everything, so that caused an incident. The girl-man went to bed pissed and I had an absinthe with the man-man who had to go to bed pissed. I went to bed fully clothed then woke up in the night fully clothed wanting the toilet. Couldn't find toilet or zip so wet myself somewhere in the hostel (11 others in my dorm). Managed to get back into top bunk and removed trousers when sober.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents