A change of plans...

Trip Start Nov 29, 2007
Trip End Jan 30, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Monday, January 21, 2008

Our second last day.  Not too early a start.  Yesterday has taken its toll on all of us.

Cass and I wake up ahead of Zac and talk.  We loved the feel of being back on the road.  We both had the same wish - that our holiday was not ending tomorrow.  We had to do something about it and do it fast.

So that was it.  Plans had to change.  We thought about what we would like to do and decided a few more hikes would be a great way to finish the trip.  We also talked about heading back to Vegas to play a poker tournament as well.  Lots of things in the pipeline.  All we needed was a new day for our flights and a few other small changes.  We got onto that right away.

Flights were sorted out pretty quick - we had another seven days.  Work was very understanding and accomodating.  And everything else we had to think about was quickly taken care of.  We were set.  We just needed to get going.  Oh, and we also found another Monster Truck rally in Phoenix that we could make.  And that was all it took.

Breakfast was a shomozzle.  The hotel was packed and it showed in the breakfast room.  There were people everywhere and everyone was in a good mood.  Very unusual.

We went for a quick detour downtown San Diego to try and pick up our new Monster Jam tickets.  When that did not work, we hit the road.  The destination was somewhere west of Vegas.  But, we also had on board, a boy who had saved nearly all of his pocket money for 2007 and had helpfully not spent too much before our ski trip.  Now, the money was burning a hole in his pocket and now there was no reason he could not spend some. Which in short, meant that we were making a detour via the Lego shop.

Back to Ontario Mills and Zac did a great job.  He managed to pick up some Batman Lego for half price, an Indiana Jones pack (which was not discounted) and some other things which were very cheap.  He finally had a chance to spend up and while he did so, we were also able to talk to him about what was a good buy and what was not cheap.  He is learning the art of the deal and the importance not to just grab the first thing you see.

We also needed somewhere to put all of this stuf (and something to replace one of our suitcases which is dying a slow and painful death during the trip).  Add to that a new pair of sunglasses and some ridiculously cheap presents and clothes and our day had vanished.

It had been a fun day and now that we had a little bit more time up our sleeves, we were excited about what might happen next.

Even though it had been four weeks earlier that we had been cursing the Vegas traffic on I-15 and even thought it was a long weekend, this time, the Sunday traffic was much more pleasant.  Almost non-existent for us.  Coming the other way was a different story, but we did not have to fight it, so it was not too bad.

Finally stopped at Victorville.  We still needed a reasonably early night after the previous day.  And this was just right.

Drive - 180 miles
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: