Adys Monkey adventure

Trip Start Sep 14, 2009
Trip End Aug 16, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of Malaysia  , Sabah,
Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today we got up at 6:30 because we had a tight schedule, we were going to see the Proboscis monkeys, which have the biggest noses in Malaysia!! We got to the reserve at 9:20 and went to the feeding hut at 9:30 when they'd just put all the food out for the huge, ugly and diverse creatures. All the wives gently came down with their babies fastened to their stomachs as they leaped from tree to tree and jumping at least 10 meters each go. This is quite an amazing sight after seeing how fat they were after eating pancakes and cucumbers all day!!! So there are all the woman eating their breakfast when suddenly a huge male with a big red wily (so he must of been kicked really HARD) ran across the beam pounding and making his 20+ wives skedaddle  out of the 'monsters’ way!!! We saw some long-tailed black monkeys which looked great, super old a bit like your grandparents!!JOKE Grandie and Grandma!!! After 10 mins of watching, a male comes out of nowhere, jumped over our bag and ran off like a headless chicken making as much noise as he could!! After visiting platform A, I got prepared for a monstrous, bumpy ride in the unstable jeep!! When we arrived at platform B, I had a Picture Right next to a leaf faced monkey!! He was Sooooo cute!!!! After we settled down for a video which was interesting in both ways!! It showed you how they made out and it is not my job to go into that category!!! After we saw a beautiful bird called a hornbill and its beak had two layers!! It was perched for ages on a small thin branch of a tall thin tree right in front of us!!!! We also saw different Families of the diverse creatures coming for feeding!!! We saw three families and one huge single bachelor group! I reckoned they just loved partying!! Two of the males were called Ronaldo and Rivaldo who are great football (soccer) players. After, we went to a really nice restaurant where they had a battered old pool table and I challenged the local policeman on it. Believe it or not I still managed to beat a policeman with a huge pistol in his pocket! ARHHHHHH!!!!We left swiftly after that!! After lunch with Bonnie and David our travelling friends in Borneo, a man pulled us into the other part of the restaurant and showed us a huge scaled Monitor Lizard which was slithering about on the muddy ground below us!!!!! After we went to a house called Agnes Newton Keith house which was bombed during the war and then re-built again after. She is a famous author. We then went to the garden restaurant attached to the house where we had afternoon tea consisting of scones jam and cream in Borneo! OMG!!!!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


laurac1968 on

All looks and sounds fantastic Ady, wish we were there xx

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: