The sunshine after the rain!!!!

Trip Start Jan 18, 2011
Trip End Jan 18, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  , Puno,
Monday, February 28, 2011

Dwayne here again!! After the bad weather we got in copa we werenīt expecting much from Idsa de Sol (island of the sun) After the two hour boat ride which seemed to take us from hell to heaven because the sun was splitting the stones when we got off the boat. We couldnīt believe it!! We walked around looking for a hostel and we were hit straight away by a tourist scam. We had to pay tax to walk around the island!! You got this piece of paper which you had to show at certain check points around the island and if you didnīt have it you wouldnīt get any further.
When we eventually found a hostel i through on the three-quater lengths (for the first time in a long time) and headed for something to eat. The food here was alot better than back on the mainland!!
After our bellies were full we decided to climb the mountain, which was tough because of the altitude. We got some great pictures and the views were amazing as you can see by the photos!! When we got half ways to the south side of the island we came across a small beach with a pier so the denish guy called martin, who was travelling with us from La Paz, wanted to rest there.
Eventually, after a half an hour there enjoying the sun we decided to try and make it to the south of the island. This turned out to be a bad idea..... :-) We were walking for an hour and a half uphill with no sign of the trail coming to an end when martin (who was fucked at this stage) asked some french guys how long was left. My jaw hit the ground when they said another two hours!!! So we said feck that and took a detour off the path and headed for a small beach were we could get a boat back to the north. It took us awhile and with a bit of help from the friendly locals we got to the beach. When we got there this old man offered to bring us to the north as their was no official boats going from there. We couldnīt believed it when he rowed us the whole way home because this guy was about 70 years of age.
As soon as we got there we headed for something to eat and we met up with two english girls called Helen and Ema who we met before at the salt flats. We had a few beers and a bit to eat with them whiched ended the day nicely. The next morning we got the boat back to Copa were surprise surprise it was raining!!!! We had a bit of lunch and got on the first bus ot of there!!! All in all lake titicaca was an enjoyable expierence!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: