We changed our plans and just decided to go to the Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's Zoo) since we figured the rain would chase all of the families away.
Luckily, we were right. At some points during the day, it felt like we had the entire zoo to ourselves. We got to see asian elephants, tigers, and of course crocs! We have already been to two wildlife parks since being in Australia, where we saw kangaroos, koalas, and other native Australian wildlife, so we concentrated on some animals we hadn't seen yet. I really liked seeing all of the memorabilia of Steve Irwin and his family. Sometimes us Americans forget just how awesome he was! It was great to see such dedication to him from his work with the animals found there in the park.
We finally turned our car in, got a refund, and ventured back to Wellington Point. We made a huge dinner, watch Djokovic win, and now we're heading to bed. We have absolutely no plans for tomorrow, and since it's going to rain until we leave here, I have a feeling we won't be doing much the rest of the trip!
Well, we woke up and were on our way to the Great Barrier Reef when we heard news that our day tour was cancelled due to strong winds from Cyclone Oswald. Ugh!! On top of that, they cancelled Friday's tour as well, so we could only ask for a refund and not transfer our date to a different day. We only rented the car for a certain amount of time, as well as booked only two nights for our hotel, so we could not justify paying the extra money to try the trip on Saturday since we don't even know if the weather will settle down by then. We were really bummed out. We decided to just leave Bundaberg (even though we couldn't get a refund for our second motel night) and try to return our car for a refund for the third day.