Carol's Hotpot

Trip Start Sep 28, 2009
Trip End Apr 22, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Jimmy and Jane's House

Flag of Singapore  ,
Friday, August 6, 2010

7th August 2010


Wonderful being back at Jane's, back in our old bedroom and getting greeted in the morning by three enthusiastic dogs. We had to get up early so we could go in town and confirm our flights with Singapore airlines.....couldn’t go through that again.

Familiarity is the nicest thing about coming back to a city or town you have visited before, it takes all the worry out of getting on and off of public transport. We took the MRT to Orchard Road, such a bargain at $2.60 (1.30) and you get a $1 back when you return the plastic ticket.  The offices were in the main shopping centre and with the aid of the electronic board very easy to find.

Singapore Airlines confirmed we were on the flight the next day and we left there felling reassured but something was still nagging at the back of my mind, I wouldn’t be happy until I was in that seat with my first glass of Chardonnay.  We now had some time to kill so we had a walk round the shops before heading home.

Jane and Jimmy were having a party on the Saturday night so Friday afternoon and evening was a lazy one.  We watched some films and then helped Carol make dinner.  Making dinner in the Moran house is fantastic, everyone chips in and each person has a job to do.  The boys, Matty and Kevin were on Potato duty, Jimmy and Gary were on the onions and John and I were on carrots.  The finishing dish was our first northern hotpot......and it was much better than Betty’s!!

We had a very early start the next morning the flight was at 9.25am and we didn’t want any screw ups on this flight so we got there in plenty of time.  We never got our wish, we had seats reserved but they were both in Gary name.  When we looked into it they had two ticket numbers for one ticket and NOTHING for me.  So once again we spent two hours trying to get a solution, calling Virgin stamping my feet a lot before we had to give up and buy yet another ticket for a flight we have already paid for.  Even when we were buying this ticket the ticket desk tried to charge me the airport price which was $3600 (1800) rather than the on-line price the checkout supervisor had quoted us of $900 (450) at this point I nearly lost my rag.  Twenty minutes later we were on the plane and taxiing down the runway. I have no idea what Virgin has done to our tickets but as my Dad would say a strongly worded letter is on the way.  The only thing to calm me down was a large glass of chardonnay and then maybe another......and another!!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: