Trip Start Apr 24, 2012
146Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
2. To get to our next destination at the coast, you have to backtrack uphill 20 or 30 km ( +- 400-500m) until a river crossing is available. Then wind downhill, cross the river, wind uphill once more and down to the coast again to find a new place with something to offer. Exploring and enjoying the adventure.
3. In "The Bucket List" Jack Nicholson said, “Never trust a fart”. I would like to add “Never trust a GPS – Turn Left on Unpaved Road”
4. Besides the above, the road is quite scenic, with the typical Trankei rondavels lining the road (Pink, peach, blue or yellow) with a little garden at the top”. When the sun shines on them, they can be seen from far. They look quite unique. Not sure why the colour choice.
5. Everywhere, lots of little ones screaming “sweeeeeeeeet”.
6. They don’t need speed humps in Transkei simply because the natural “speed humps” are much more effective. These are, goats, pigs, cattle, sheep, horses, mules, donkeys, geese, cats or dogs, which makes sure to slow the traffic down considerably. The roads are paved with “moo-pooh”. In one day our trailer picked enough up to supply a small vegetable patch.
7. Ooh, another thing, there are many schools. Kids in uniform everywhere. Even pre-primary schools colourfully decorated. Can only be good for RSA future.