From Sri Lanka with Love...
Trip Start May 21, 2007
134Trip End Jun 05, 2014
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Team Lanka13 is made up of Sweet 16yr old Hannah, Tremendous 20yr old Emma and myself (I'll just say 21+VAT). I’ve known these girlies since they were both in nappies (give or take a few years), so I know we’re going to have a very special 3 weeks together full of smiling kids, sweet smelling mozzie repellent and sweating!
We leave tomorrow at lunchtime for London, followed by a 12.5hr flight to Colombo and a 5ish hour drive, eventually arriving mid-afternoon Monday (UK time). If you pray, we would really appreciate it if you remembered us over the next few days as we travel.
- For the teachers and for the 150 or so kids they teach and feed daily.
- For those who are in prison and their families who are supported by Smile
- For the widows programme and the food and counselling it provides
- For the ladies who learn new skills at Smile, such as sewing and jewellery making, which allows them to provide for their families
2. Pray for safety as we travel, whether by sky or land. For all the airline staff and the driver who will get us to our destination, That all our connections will be on time and that we will get through security smoothly and hassle free.
3. We’ll be travelling approx 24hrs. Pray that we’ll get some rest on the plane and a good night’s sleep when we arrive so we’ll be refreshed to get stuck into Smile Lanka fun!
4. That we will settle into Sri Lankan life. That we will quickly adapt to the weather, living together and that we will remain in good health throughout
5. For Hannah and Emma particularly:
- For their faith that has bought them to this point. That it will continue to grow and will encourage and support them in Sri Lanka
- Being away from home for the first time, that they will know the protection and presence of God.
- That they will embrace every new experience and be an incredible witness
- That they settle into the culture, heat, food and way of life.
So stay tuned as we blog our way through Lanka13….I predict there will be mention of elephants, emotions and encounters within the first week!