Missing person.....answers to the name "Andy"

Trip Start May 21, 2007
Trip End Aug 08, 2015

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Sri Lanka  ,
Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Yesterday evening, after waving goodbye to Ronali and Rodrick, Andy decided to set out on a walk. Andy is the new builder who arrived down to Hambantota last Thursday, so is pretty new to the area. An hour and a half later we realized he hadn't arrived back yet and so Mark and I began to wonder to ourselves. It gets dark soon after 6pm and there are no street lights, also Mr Andy had walked the streets of Hambantota only once and didn't have a mobile. We decided we would give him until 9pm to show up (which would have been almost 2hours).  There was no sign at 9pm, so off we went like the parent's that we are armed with a torch. There's only one house key as well so we couldn't go too far incase he came from the other direction. Anyway after 5minutes, we saw him strolling up without a care in the world! We didn't think you could spend 2hours wondering in Hambantota, but apparently you can! I thought it was suppose to be the father who sat up waiting for the children, not the opposite!  At least it kept us entertained, as we did have visions of him turning up in Colombo or somewhere!

Preschoolers today started practising for the grand opening of the new classrooms, which is happening on 26October. There's 1 new addition to the band, what can only be described as a lambeg drum - makes us feel right at home! Some of the instruments are bells that you put on your wrist, like sleigh bells. So armed with mine, I had a great time singing Jingle Bells and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!

Two of the preschoolers turned up today dressed like they were headed for a day at the office! I had to take a photo of them together - it looks like they should be 20years older! 
Today the afterschoolers had their free day and instead of being creative, they played games. It started off with them being split girls and boys. I was with the girls but the bigger ones wanted to do different things than the smaller ones so they broke in 2. I ended up with 9 of the younger girls and had a great time!  We played musical chairs (without music!), duck duck goose and a variation of dodgeball.

I think the realisation that we're leaving soon is starting to hit in with the staff. Three times today they randomly mentioned how we would be leaving, how they were sad and that they, and the children would be crying.  It's going to be tough, all I can do is push it to the back of my mind and enjoy the last few weeks!
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: