This is the life.

Trip Start Jun 14, 2005
Trip End May 12, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Costa Rica  ,
Friday, November 11, 2005

Well, a lot has happened since the last time I posted a travelogue. The first and most important is that I completed my mission in Tamarindo and made it back to Samara with my very own surfboard. The 3 hour bus ride back to Samara was rather scenic but I only was able to enjoy the second half because the entire first half I was praying for the safety of my board as we bounced over pothole after pothole. I wish I could say it arrived unscathed, but alas it did have a tiny ding that the local surf shop fixed for practically free (hurray for nice surfer dudes). For those of you who care (Jules and Bill) it is a 7'3" Carton (he is a famous shaper in Costa Rica out of Jaco) and I must say I rather enjoy the board. Well, since then I've fallen into a rather enjoyable routine here in Samara... let me briefly outline it for all of you who are preparing for midterm exams right about now. I usually wake up around 7 (if the high tide is in the afternoon) just in time for my mama tica's wonderful breakfast. It is usually a special here called Gallo Pinto, it is basically just rice and beans but they have a secret ingredient here called Salsa Lizano that makes turns in from ordinary rice and beans to a tongue-tantilizing treat every time (Bill, rest assured I'm bringing some home). Then if my classes are in the morning (they alternate everyday) I head out for them just before 8. Classes consist of grammar and a lot of talking, but since I can see the break from my classroom I get distracted once in awhile. After classes I grab my board and surf for 3-4 hours while watching the fabulous sunsets over the tropical mountains behind Samara. Then after forcing my exhausted body back to my house I am usually greeted by the smell of something great on the stove and it always amazes me how quickly the energy returns to my body with the smell of Salsa Lizano. Then after dinner I usually watch a little tv with my Tico family until they go to bed at 9, then I do my homework for the day and hit the sack only to repeat it once again. Well I have two more weeks of this schedule until I return back to the busy life in the States, but I am really looking forward to seeing you all again soon. Take it easy, cause I sure am :)
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: