Visa attempt number 2 - verbal YES
Trip Start Feb 15, 2012
191Trip End Sep 17, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- we had done what the web site says - one appointment for each person. When we got there last time the security said 'don't worry you only need one'. This time he said 'if your wife has an appointment tomorrow then thats tomorrow's issue, she can wait'
- We proceeded to the visa man (same one as last time) and he said 'how will you get to the right place in France for you medical check?" It had already been suggested that sometimes you need to have a chest xray and stuff in first 3 months. I simply said "We will drive to where-ever"
- He then said 'you booked these on the net. I am pleased you have written contracts but anyone could this person's name...you could have made that signature. Look I can sign it now'. He proceeded to sign the same name as on the contract on a scrap of paper
- ...about now I am thinking ...not looking good
- He then turned the page and saw some of his scrawls from our previous visit. I think that is what turned him, he became more friendly and helpful
- Turned and flicked
- turned and flicked more...was about 45 pages of documents
- Then said "since you are only going for 6 months, we have a new visa for 4-6 months, you qualify for that one. With that one you do not need a medical and do not need this form either. Much easier"
- He then asked Sandy for her passport. "I can do yours at same time"
- I boldly then asked 'we only have 4 weeks before we leave, will that be an issue?'. "no problem, one to two weeks in plenty"
- Sandy boldly asked "does anyone else need to check?". 'no, but I need to double check each document'
- He then grizzled a bit about " we are doing more visas, same number of staff"