Sorry I took so long

Trip Start Nov 29, 2005
Trip End Jan 22, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Belize  ,
Thursday, December 15, 2005

Ok so I havn't wrote for a while. To busy you know. My time line might get a little mixed up because I usually don't know what day it is or time of day for that matter. I took my watch off shortly after arriving. Anyway san ignacio the last entry I was on my way to drink some draft. Boy did we. Then took a break for some good chinese food then back to the draft. Went up to the balconey overlooking the main drag, Kind of looks like the 4 corners from gangs of new york. Some drunk guys were hanging out on the stoop of our hotel and some kid with a water gun (may have been handicap) was causing a huge scene on the street for about 3 hours, very entertaining. When we got up in the morning his water gun was smashed all over the street. Next day got up early to do a tour we went to a mayan ruin called caracol, it was pretty cool. We also stopped at some mayan cave, it was pretty cool as well. Drove through North Pine Ridge forest, they are having pine beetle problems here as well. Looks alot like our forest only with toucans flying through the trees. Went swimming in some pools and played in the water falls for a while. Then on our way home. We went to some veggie restaurant, Had a qesidia, case a dia, how ever you spell it and about 4 bottles of wine between us. Trouble. We carried on for awhile then went and hung out on the stoop. First night was the crack head on the street yelling all night, second night was the handicap kid with the water gun, tonight it was our turn. Not to bore you with the details I almost got run over by a scooter and darby and dirk almost died on a bicycle. We met a mayan guy named make who hung out with us all night. Anyway the next day hurt so bad. We slept in then went to the market. Bought all fresh fruit to make a yuk a flux. We walked up to cahel petch ruins in town. They were pretty cool, lots of passage ways and such. On the way home we stopped at a realty office and the are going to show us a property in dangriga. We went home had a yahtzee tourny and ate yuk a flux. Every one took it pretty easy and we didn't even finish the whole pot of it. Next day we slept in arranged a trip to tikal and watched alot of t.v today. Today is the 19 th I think and we got up early and went to tikal. Kind of nervous to cross the border into guatamala but it wasn't that bad. Tikal is cool we saw about 6 different types of animals including crocodiles (with 5 babies), Howler monkeys which our guide started screaming at (like a monkey) and they screamed back. If you didn't know what they were it probably would have scared the bejeusus out of me. Spider monkeys, some rat things, some things in the trees that looked like rat things, and a tarantula very large. The ruins were very high. He said that these were in the opening scene of one of the old star wars movies. I don't remember which one though. Drove back to town. Pretty choked at the guide he really screwed us on the price. 55 american each for 6 of us for basically doing nothing, he should work for a union, he didn't even guide us through tikal. Anyway we went to the italian place for supper. Connie put on a gin drinking clinic for us, then we went to the draft bar. Thought we were going to die. The only white people in the place and the girls kept playing country music and or love songs and or gay girly songs all night. Survived. tomorrow we leave for belmopan.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: