Final Day Project

Trip Start Dec 01, 2012
Trip End Dec 23, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  , Sabah,
Friday, December 14, 2012

The same early start and we still have a bit to do before we can say we've achieved our goal. Today we have to fill in some low lying spots near the clothes lines, dig a drainage trench, and of course keep moving dirt up to the side section near the fence. Everybody is so lethargic today. Really hard to get going after four solid days of manual labour. We dig in and get going. Today everybody in the team really put their heads down and got stuck in to it, despite being severely tired. However, the team very quickly found themselves too sore and tired to work as hard as they had the previous four days, and as a result the workload dropped as we found ourselves aiming to complete the bare minimum to ensure that the drainages was sufficient and there was space for more dirt to be dumped for future projects.

After some afternoon tea we all spent some time with the residents saying our farewells and getting some final photos with the residents. One of the residents, Lucy, very kindly made some bracelets for everyone in the group, and we now wear them everywhere to remember the time we spent there and the smiles on their faces. The goodbyes lasted for about half an hour as we each went around to the people we had spoken to, to say our goodbyes. It was a really good feeling to see the smiles on everyone's faces. But the best smiles were on the faces of the residents as we gave many high-fives, said goodbye a hundred times, and even hugged a teddy bear. The best goodbye was from the resident who owned the teddy, who tried to give Jade a nice big kiss on the cheek. Eventually though, the taxis showed up and we all had to pile in and go home for the day, and week.

Once back at the Lodge we all had races to the showers, took the final load of clothes washing to the cleaners across the road, and went out for dinner and shopping to celebrate our week's work. Sadly, the workload we were given was too much for us to have time to return to the Children's home. We all understood and agreed that the work at Cheshire home was more important and as a result spent our time there. It was a very good end of a very hard week, and everybody slept well as we pondered about the time at the beach tomorrow.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: