London: Part 3

Trip Start May 20, 2013
Trip End Jun 08, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  , England,
Friday, June 7, 2013

Today I woke up at eight and then left at 9:30 to meet Lee and Lewis at Tower Hill for breakfast. I was supposed to meet them at 10, but my travel card didn't work until 9:30, so I was all paranoid and thinking I would be late. I got there at about ten after, and they were nowhere to be found. I texted Lee, and it turns out they hadn't even left yet. They didn't show up until after 11. I was kinda angry and really hungry, so we went to a Starbucks nearby and I had a fruit salad. Then I felt much better and stopped threatening to push Lee off Tower Bridge.

We got a lot of pictures of Tower Bridge from different angles and also saw the Tower of London. Then we sat in Bloomsbury Square until it was time to meet Katherine and Jo for lunch. We went back to the pancake place (My Old Dutch Pancake House) again, but this time we all got the giant dessert-type pancakes that were almost like crÍpes. I also had some really good apple juice here, too.

After lunch, we went to the National Gallery. We barely got through one room before Lee, Lewis, and I realized we weren't really into it. So Katherine and Jo stayed and we went back toward Tower Bridge to pick stuff up at Lee's place (He had been begging me to come see his flat anyway). We met back up with Katherine and Jo for dinner, and it was a Mexican place sort of like Chipotle. I had a pork burrito, and it was pretty good.

Katherine and Jo had to catch a train, so this was when we had to say our goodbyes. At least we finally managed to get the group photo that Lee had been bugging us to get. Then Lee, Lewis, and I went back to Tower Bridge (for the third time) so we could see it at night. We watched the sun set and then the lights started to turn on, but Lewis wanted to get home, so we couldn't wait for it to get really dark.

When we got to the tube station, I had to say goodbye to Lee. Saying bye to him the last time (in Sydney, the year before) was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, and this time wasn't any easier. I made him promise to come visit me next summer, and then I had to take the tube back to Russel Square. I was in bed by 12-something. Both my roommates were asleep again, and my room key was broken again.

The next morning, I woke up at five and made my way to Heathrow. There were a bunch of detours and stuff, so it was pretty obnoxious. But I eventually did make it back home where my mom and brother were waiting for me. My mom made me go to the hospital the second I got home, where I was prescribed antibiotics and some pretty strong cough syrup. Overall, it was a really awesome trip, and I wish I could do it all over again.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: