Day 6: Taupo to Wellington

Trip Start Aug 04, 2012
Trip End Aug 20, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of New Zealand  , North Island,
Friday, August 10, 2012

Apparently today was another "awesome breakfast," according to my journal. Which is good, because I didn't end up eating lunch today. We were up nice and early and started to make our way toward Wellington. During the drive today, we could see the three volcanoes of Tongariro National Park, including the one that had just erupted a few days before. We got to stop and take pictures at one point, and then we stopped at a cafe where they drew a fern leaf on the top of Crystal's hot chocolate, and it looked awesome.

When we got into Wellington, we drove up to a scenic lookout point for pictures before going to the hotel. Jessie just wanted a shower, Kay-Marie was taking a nap, and I didn't catch Lisa before she left, so I just killed time in the hotel room (I was sharing with Catherine and Yvette again) until dinner because I didn't want to walk around Wellington by myself.

Dinner tonight was one of the optionals that we paid for in advance. It was at a place called Blend, and it cost us $29. We were told that it would be a three course meal. The first "course" was a plate of cheese and crackers for the table. Then I got beef stroganoff for my main, and it tasted good, but there wasn't enough of it, and it was cold. Before dessert, we had to play a game called heads or tails. Everyone would put their hands on either their heads or their butts, and the waitress would flip a coin, and if you were right, you'd stay standing. It went on until one person won, and that ended up being Kay-Marie. The prize was free shots for the table, and I was sitting with her, so she got to have mine and hers. Then they finally brought out dessert, and it was brownies, marshmallows, and strawberries for the table. It definitely wasn't a spectacular dinner, and a lot of the people sitting near me seemed to agree. If I had to do it over, I'd probably just go out somewhere else with my friends instead.

As soon as we finished our dessert, Jessie, Jenn, and I walked back to the hotel. I went to bed early and squeezed some sleep in before Catherine and Yyvette got back.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: