Day 8: Farmstay to Fraser Island

Trip Start Jul 18, 2012
Trip End Aug 03, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Saturday, July 28, 2012

This morning, Katherine, Jo, and I went down to the showers nice and early to try to beat the rush (since all the girls had to fight for the same like... three or four showers). The water didn't even stay hot, so it was easy to go quick. Breakfast was pretty good, even though it was basically just cereal and toast. Then we left the farmstay and started to make our way to Fraser Island.

On the way, we stopped for lunch, and Katherine, Jo, Lee, and I walked to "Hungry Jack's" (aka Burger King), even though it was farther away than any of the other food places. I had a Whopper Jr. that was better than the ones at home. I also had a chocolate sundae, which was pretty good.

Once we got to Fraser Island, we went down to the beach to watch the sunset before dinner. Katherine and I kept stealing Lee's hat. Eventually, it was time for dinner. I had a BLT, and a couple people shared gigantic pizzas. It was pretty good.

After dinner, we stole some straws from the restaurant so we could go back to Anthony's room and play "Spoons" (or, in this case, straws). It was fun even after being eliminated, because we could climb up to the top bunks and watch everybody else. We also played BS, where I learned that Carolyn and Lee should never attempt to lie because they're both terrible at it. But Therese was surprisingly good at it, especially considering she hadn't played before. Then we played Go Fish, and Nathan pretty much owned us all.

We had so many people in Anthony's room that night that we had to take pictures to prove it. Nicola was sitting in this little closet thing. Anita and Tiphanie didn't even show up at first because they ended up going to the wrong lodge. The one they went to wasn't even a Contiki lodge! I think the funniest part of the story was how Anita offered Tiphanie tea... even though it wasn't hers to offer. Apparently they were sitting in the wrong lodge waiting for about an hour before they finally came and found us. I'm glad they eventually did. I think a lot of us consider this to be one of the best nights of the tour, which is funny because we weren't even doing anything particularly "Australian"--we were just playing cards! But it was definitely a fun night.

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: