Trip Start Aug 04, 2008
90Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
How's the bike running? I'm glad you asked! It's performing admirably. It seems that every improvement I made has paid off. For the record - and for the bikers in the audience - here's a partial list, front to back:
- Race Tech front fork upgrade
- Murphs Kits fork brace
- Touratech raised offroad front fender
- Adjustable windshield mounts
- PIAA driving lights
- Touratech headlight guard
- ProTaper handlebar
- Heated hand grips
- GPS mount
- 12V cigarette lighter outlet in the fairing (BTW, not smoking)
- SW Motech crash bars and skid plate
- Adjustable footpegs
- Power Commander fuel engine management unit, with a custom map
- Staintune pipes
- Ohlins shock
- Happy Trails TIG welded aluminum panniers
- Last but not least, a machined rear sprocket retainer and matching spacer to move the rear sprocket over 2mm (!), which makes the bike shift much more smoothly. Go figure.
And all that for $99.95! Um, not.
Believe it or not, I have appreciated every one of these components. Except for the headlight guard. That was just for show.
It's getting late now, and I once again failed to see the Dark Knight, so don't tell me how it ends.