98-99: The ACTUAL last day and Off to Panama!

Trip Start Jan 10, 2013
Trip End Jun 06, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Costa Rica  , Guanacaste,
Monday, May 13, 2013


Sweet Jesus it is the LAST DAY. How did this come around so damn fast? I have got the busiest day ahead of me as well. I started it off super early by going to my last yoga session on the beach with Barbara. Laura and Jade were there too which was nice. I had to leave a bit early though and it was just as the were doing one of my favourites as well. I had to rush back because I needed to take all my stuff to the shop as I was leaving straight after my dives. My suitcase weighs an absolute ton, it is literally a monster. That's going to be fun to drag round Panama and Colombia for three weeks.

My taxi was late so for one of the only times ever I was late for work. Oh well technically I'm not even meant to be there and it's not like they can make me do the close as a punishment! Today we're doing another IDC dive where I have to set up the dive site again and then a final fun dive, yay. Oh course, as usual, it didn't go smoothly. The whole buoy thing went ok except for when I had to do the knot to get rid of the excess and tie it to the weight belt. Because it has no end it's just super confusing for me to tie, so my knots still need practice but other than that it was totally fine. The IDC one went pretty well too so woop.

We did our fun dive at Estudientes and it was AWESOME. Because its so shallow I took. Y camera and got some great shots. As soon as we got down we found like 3 sharks, including a big un'. They kept coming back but two of them were so interested in us and one came right up to me before swimming off. Cheeky shark. So yeah that was pretty awesome. I also got to dive with Taylor properly for the first time too. But yeah we saw so much, two octopus, one who was swimming about, a sea horse and god damn it after never seeing it I saw the nurse shark! Hell yeah! I was so happy. There was quite a lot of surge though and when we got on the surface it was so choppy. Always makes it fun to get on the boat! So yeah it was a great way to end my dive master.

Once I got back to the shop I quickly sorted my stuff out and packed my dive gear which made my bag nearly impossible to close and even heavier. I then had to go upstairs for my final debriefing. Martin basically said I needed to work on my knots still, totally fair. But then he started quizzing me! One of it was on the Haldean model which I've totally got by now but the other was on displacement. Basically it involved solving a maths problem on displacement, so that's already a strike for me. The PADI dive master book doesn't really cover this at all let alone doing equations on it so I had no clue. So that was fun!

I was seriously running out of time so I had to go and get Taylor to get me lunch and Brenda to run me back to the house and then to the bus station. It was all super rushed but I. Are it for the bus with some time to spare. I hate rushing! Definitely lost my awesome, huge beach towel somewhere too, where I have NO clue! So on the bus I got to San Jose and said goodbye to my time as a dive master trainee. I had such a nice last Costa Rican sunset too, I'm fairly certain I will be back soon though.

Once in San Jose, and back at my usual hostel, I attempted to find some headphones but everyone was shut, despite this being a capital city! Their capitals are always a bit weird, everything shuts so early. Anyway bed time on my last day in Costa Rica, you've been wonderful as usual CR I'll be back for my babies and manta diving one day soon ;)


Oh travel days, so long and usually stressful. I started pretty early bias use I wanted to book my bus ticket but we couldn't get through on any line. I eventually found a different number and they told me to go down to the bus station as there were only 20 tickets left. I therefore went down to the station extra early to get a ticket. By the time I was done I realised I probably should have just brought my luggage down with me but I hadn't so back in the taxi I got to go to town. I was still trying to find some headphones, typically the one thing I am trying to find is no where to be found. I literally went into 10 places before I finally found some. By this point I had to go back to the hostel, get my stuff and get in another taxi to the bus station.

My bus to Panama City is like 15 hours by the way and it was SO long. We only had one stop the whole time, I assumed we would have more so didn't chose to get dinner at 4:30pm. Error. They had some movies on, in Spanish, and apparently they LOVE, Jason Statham because of the three movies the played he was in all of them. At least it was something mind numbing to watch.

When we finally arrived at the border it took forever. What is it with border crossings and only having one person for tons of people? It makes no sense. So we queued for that then queued for the other side (also just one person) and then had to queue to have our bags searched. I was slightly alarmed that I was going to have to somehow lift my ginormous suitcase onto a high table but thank god for helpful boys as one of them lifted it up for me. I've said it before and I will definitely say it again; I love not having a penis sometimes. Make that most the time. People are so much more helpful to girls. I've barely touched my suitcase since I've left Coco's if the rest of the trip is like this it's going to be a BREEZE.

Eventually we got back on the bus for another long stretch of time which I managed to sleep for some of. At 4am we arrived into Panama City and I threw myself into the nearest, but extremely overpriced, taxi and went to my hostel. I was so excited for my bed!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: