Day 8: Salzburg, Austria --> Budapest, Hungary
Trip Start Sep 09, 2013
30Trip End Oct 09, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
After making breaky and packing up our flat in Salzburg we boarded our train and arrived in Budapest, Hungary - 6 hours later.
As usual, Becca booked an excellent flat with a perfect location and charming features. It also has good security- 5 locks, 4 different keys. Dang. Not sure if we should feel safe or creeped out...
Not much to report for today folks.
1. Our place is magnificent. But has a lot of strange sounds.
3. People here are surprisingly friendly and know quite a bit more English.
4. A guy in the random lobby we entered while looking for our place went to go find our address out on the street then returned minutes later to get us and show us once he'd found it. Super nice.
5. Annie tried the washer in the new place (bc they still seemed dirty from the fiasco yesterday)... It's not working and her clothes are trapped in there. **addendum: she figured it out! Woo hoo clean clothes!!!
6. Becca laughed uncontrollably over some random guy sneezing on the train. Naturally we all joined in the laughter.
7. Annie ate Indian food for the first time tonight!
Quote from AB: "Turkey is not Hungary"