Day 3: Jongny --> Grindelwald
Trip Start Sep 09, 2013
30Trip End Oct 09, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
This gave us a few moments to stare at the mountains once more & feel refreshed by the cold.
It was a rainy morning spent traveling. Jongny to Vevey to Montreux to Zweisimmen to Spiez to Interlaken - and finally - to Grindelwald.
We took the Golden Pass route from Montraux to Zweisimmen. Due to the rain we were late to the station & missed our connector train. This resulted in a longer route with more stops. As Becca said, "Thanks for the good time, 'Golden Pass'!"
Just winging it in the trains & busses works
However, the scenery was (again) incredible. Its interesting how they just cut along the hills and mountains to make paths for trains and cars. We rode between and through mountains, saw deep valleys, many trees and greenery, and patches of houses along the hillside. Thinking about how strange it would be to be living around the same people your whole life, almost completely providing for yourselves. What if you didn't like the 12 people in your village? Screwed.
We had a long conversation about the difference between the cupid shuffle and the cha cha slide. Like, ridiculously long. We couldn't decipher the dance moves/magical lyrics between the two songs until we heard them. All we could come up with for the cupid shuffle was the way "the cuupidd shufflee" was sung. and Becca kept calling the cha cha slide the electric slide
Interlaken = amazeballs.
However, lunch with a menu of only pictures and non English speaking staff seemed like a good idea at the time- but quickly turned into a not so hot decision, and possibly food poisoning for Annie (exaggeration).
Traveled by train for 8 hours today. Ugh. Once we got to Gasthof Panorama in Grindelwald, Annie took a napski while Ari and Becca ran (literally) into the Grindelwald market area for some yum yums and some bevs. Then hiked a mile back uphill with groceries. Definitely earned a brew when we got back.
1. Annie thinks it's "too bad the mountains don't light up at night"
2. Spiez = one of the best views & we wanna drink the water from the lake
3. It feels so good to be able to stay in the same place for more than one night
4. Becca & Ari think Annie's fav color is pink (solely because her shoes are pink)
5. In the midst of a conversation unbeknownst to her; Becca: "Wait, are we talking about sex?"... No.
6. We get excited over "real" mountains --> mountains with snow on them... "Wait, are we ltalking about sex?"
7. Annie wants to smash all the tick tock clocks.
Post your own travel photos for friends and family More Pictures
My Reviews Of The Places I Stayed