Day 2: Zurich --> Jongny Villiage
Trip Start Sep 09, 2013
30Trip End Oct 09, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We began our actual exploration of Switzerland today!! We navigated two trains AND a bus to find our destination in Jongny - with some (lots) of help from the receptionist/temporary trip advisor at the SBB lounge in the train station. The two hour train ride turned into a beautiful scenery tour. We rode along mountains and saw small and large villages with impressive agriculture along the hills. As if the view wasn't already breathtaking, we then turned to see Lake Geneva sitting between us and the foothills of the Swiss and French Alps. As you might expect, just as we take so much for granted in the US, we were the only people on the train admiring the sights. Most passengers were working on their computers or sleeping. It's amazing how much beauty we miss that is right in front of us: the beauty becomes a norm and it is taken for granted
Our stay in Jongny was short & sweet, but we will not forgot the view from our deck. There really are no words that can give it justice - check out the pictures - and we are thankful for taking a chance & coming here, as we almost did not.
1. We saw France! On accident, but sweet.
2. The announcer lady over the speakers in the train station has the most seductive and soothing voice. It seems contradictory in the hustle & bustle of the train station.
3. Becca tends to choose the wrong way to open a door then looks at us funny and thinks its locked. It is never locked.
4. Restaurants in small villages are sometimes closed on Wednesday. Or maybe just the only one within walking distance of us is.
5. Ari smacked her head on a half shut window. Ouch.
6. CDs are apparently acceptable decor for a deck. Dangling off the roof.
8. Gotta love 30 minute dinner convos about people's calf muscle.
9. With the help of our waiter, and Becca's "French," we ordered dinner tonight off a completely Swiss menu!! And it was amazing :) Got some ice cream, too.
Quote from Aribaby: "Everyday is an adventure. Wherever you find yourself, take note of your discoveries."
Don't forget to check out the photos :)