On the road again...to Memphis and Little Rock.
Trip Start Jul 05, 2006
12Trip End Jul 22, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
But first, before we left Nashville, we had to go see their life-size replica of the Parthenon. Inside there were some Victorian paintings(?) and some Greek sculptures, including a HUGE statue of Athena covered in gold leaf.
We got a late start in Memphis, arriving at Graceland at about 3:30. We took the tour of the mansion and boy did Elvis have flashy (but cool) taste in décor-mirrors and bright colors everywhere. Rick had fun taking pictures of eeeeeeverything, especially our reflections in all those mirrors =)
After touring the King's crib, we decided to get some BBQ-and blues-out on Beale Street. Man, was this place cool. It was about 4 or 5 blocks-starting from the bank of the Mississippi River-filled with blues clubs and bars, funky shops and musicians playing out in the streets. We stayed in Memphis way later than we should have and left wanting to see more. Thankfully, Rick took hundreds of pictures so we can relive the experience over and over again (he might've takes thoudands, but the battery was low after his Graceland photo extravaganza-and yes, I think he shed a tear about it).
Now we're ready to set down for the night in Little Rock where we've just successfully pitched our tent in the dark (fun, fun, fun). Tomorrow we'll get an early start again and drive to Tyler, where Jenni has some family.
1. Urge Overkill- Exit the Dragon, 12:00pm, Nashville, TN, (Jenni)
2. Nirvana- Incesticide, 12:35pm, I-40West, TN, (Rick)
3. Belly- King, 1:30pm, I-40West, TN, (Jenni)
4. Avenged Sevenfold- City of Evil, 2:20pm, I-40 West, TN, (Rick)
5. Megadeth- Countdown to Extinction, 8pm, I-40 West, AR, (Jenni)
6. Blindside- About a Burning Fire, 9pm, I-40 West, AR, (Rick)
7. Styx- Greatest Hits Part II, 9:50pm, I-40 West, AR, (Jenni)