Planes, trains, automobiles and aquabuses

Trip Start Jul 05, 2011
Trip End Sep 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Quality Hotel Vancouver - Inn At False Creek
What I did
Day 1 - Flying to Vancouver

Flag of Canada  , British Columbia,
Tuesday, July 5, 2011

(By Millie and Oliver)
All packed and off we went in the taxi to the airport. It was quite weird thinking everyone else was in lessons at school. When we got to the airport we checked in and had our luggage taken to the aeroplane.

In the airport we saw a real racing car. After we had looked at the racing car and played on the racing game, we had to have our hand luggage checked - it was quite boring.  Oliver made the machine beep and had to be searched.

Soon after that we went to have a snack at the café. Then we went to get on the plane. To get to the plane we had to go on a transit train. We had to have our passports checked and then we got on the plane .

On the plane I watched 4 films as the flight was 9 hours and my favourites were Rango and Wimpey Kid 2. Because Canada is on the other side of the world, we left England at 1pm and it was only 2pm when we arrived. The food was not great – Chicken or Beef (Daddy says this is the law on planes that mean this is all they can serve)- but it was ok.

When we arrived in Vancouver - now named VanCanCouver by Oliver which we think is a much better name - we got off the plane and went to find our luggage which took a long time . There was a huge waterfall. Oliver and dad got lost. Next we went to get the car we were renting for 3 weeks, its great – a big white one with lots of secret places to hide things in.

When we arrived at the hotel we unpacked a few things, and then went off to the Waterfront to have tea in the sunshine. To get to the other side of the water, we had to get an Aquabus – a small bubble boat that is a cross between a bus and a boat. I thought it was great.
When we went to bed it was six thirty in canada BUT in England it was about two thirty in
the morning. So we were up for nearly 24 hours and Millie  started writing this at 4.30  in the morning when she woke up. 

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


Sarah and Charlie on

Sounds like a smooth start to your trip. Looking forward to reading about your adventures. Lots of love xxxx

Marielle on

Van -can-couver is definitely a much better name! Glad you arrived safely and are settling in. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures xx

Josette, Nanie Jo on

Great to hear how good your first long trip went!
The Rossner Cousins can't be waiting to meet you!
Grosses bises

Elizabeth on

It sounds like fun I hope you're enjoying yourself. Next time can I come?
See you in year 5 Millie.

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: