Last Day in Sydney, 2 Museums, and a Jetboat Ride

Trip Start Oct 01, 2007
Trip End Dec 31, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Sunday, September 7, 2008

Today was another rainy, miserable day.  I think it was raining harder today than yesterday.  That didn't stop me from going on a jetboat tour of the harbor though. 

My scheduled departure on the jetboat wasn't until 11:40, so first we went to the Museum of Sydney.  Its got a little bit of the history of Australia, and a really good exhibit on the flying boats of Australia.  That was the best part of the museum.  And the only really memorable part.

Then I made it down to the Circular Quay wharfs to check on the jetboat tour.  It was raining hard so I was worried it might be cancelled.  The guys there looked so happy that I showed up.  The other 8 people that were booked wimped out.  So I got my own personal tour on a 1300HP jetboat.  I had showed up in my rainjacket, good gore-tex material with a full hood and facemask...but I forgot to bring along my rain pants.  The seats are all outside so I just put my chin up and went ahead.  (actually, I tucked it down).  The ride was great, especially when we got out to the opening of to the Pacific and the big swells were coming in and the jetboat was just jumping out of the water.  It got very bad though once they turned it around and started heading back.  The wind had been at my back the entire time, making the high speeds and rain seem tame.  Once I had the headwind and the rain whipping into my face, I had to pull the hood down further and the face mask up so that my skin wasn't abraded by the rain.  It was a good ride...and its good that Jacqui didn't come.  She would've gotten sick pretty quickly.

Then we spent the last of the day at the Powerhouse Museum, playing with all the fun experimental exhibits.  It was good to stay somewhere dry after I had gotten completely soaked.  All in all, it was a good day.

So, after one week of using the SeeSydney cards, we have saved $591 of admissions, entrance, food, and gifts from having the card.  And it cost a little over $300 for the card itself.  Not a bad little bit of savings.  And having the card got us out and exploring Sydney a lot more than we probably would have ourselves.  It's been a good vacation...I like having these days off after the projects...

Tomorrow, we're getting up early to head to the train station at 7am.  We've got a 10:20 flight on Qantas to head back through LAX to JFK.  We should be home by 21:30 on Sunday.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: