Day 7

Trip Start Jul 12, 2010
Trip End Jul 20, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Puerto Rico  ,
Sunday, July 18, 2010

Today Tressa and I finally slept in. We did not wake until 9:30 in the morning. Every night of this trip we go to bed after midnight, last night was no exception. So we started slow, we went down and enjoyed some strong coffee and breakfast after this we loaded up the car and headed back to Guanica at the beach house. We got to the beach house and went swimming again, just can't get enough. When everybody got ready it was already 1:00  so we headed out to the Cabo Rojo Lighthouse (Faro Los Morrillos de Cabo Rojo) in Cabo Rojo it is located on the south west furthest tip of Puerto Rico. The light house was very interesting and had a spiral staircase that went to the roof where they had an observation deck so that you could see around. The most interesting part of the light house tour was walking over to the edge of the 200' or so cliff that this light house was built on on the views were spectacular you had to be very careful around the edges as there was no guardrails but we took lots of pictures of these cliffs, it was amazing! There is also an inlet to the Caribbean down beside the parking area below the lighthouse and we all went swimming there also the water again was a little murky with about 1' visibility but it was quiet refreshing we swam for about an hour than decided that we needed to get everyone back to the beach house before dark. One thing about going from town to town our drive from Guanica to Cabo Rojo showed about 25 miles on our GPS because the roads are so curvy it takes about and hour to make this trip. We got back to the beach house and Jorge relatives were fixing food we dropped everybody off and said our goodbyes to all of Jorge's relatives. Before leaving Jorge's Aunt told us we had to try her food she opened a piece of tin foil inside of it was a plantain leaf she then unrolled it and there was a tamale looking food it was a yucca root that had been boiled then mashed then it was filled with meat folded over wrapped in the plantain leaf rolled in aluminum foil the cooked on the grill it was delicious.  Tressa and I enjoyed them, and she made sure we took one more for the road. After a little over 2 hours and a 100 miles we made it back to the Radison in Condado (San Juan) and started the unpack again, After taking a shower to get rid of a pound or so of sand I sat down to catch up with this tale and Tressa went down to the Casino to relax.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents