Day 2

Trip Start Sep 18, 2008
Trip End Oct 18, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United Kingdom  ,
Saturday, September 20, 2008

After landing in Singapore at 11.30pm Melbourne time we quickly disembarked the plane and headed into the exceptionally warm Singapore terminal. We headed straight down to our next gate only to find out it wouldn't be opening for another hour. We decided we would head back to the shops to find some water and food. While looking around dad and Nikita came across a butterfly cage which was a massive greenhouse filled with butterflies. As it was night time though we didn't see many butterflies flying around and only saw a few on the roof but it was still really beautiful. We headed back to where dad was watching our bags and then traveled back to the gate. We scanned our bags again and then filled in our immigration cards before we boarded the plane at 1.45am before we took off at 1.55am.

Once again Celeste took the window seat with Noah next to her and me on the isle. Bronte sat across from me next to mum then Nikita on the other isle.    Dad sat on the next isle seat. After takeoff Celeste and I convinced Noah to move into the spare seat next to dad so we would be able to stretch out over the spare seat. Supper came 2 hours into the flight. I had chicken and rice as well as Celeste beef bolognaise and spaghetti. I then stretched out as got comfortable to sleep. I ended up sleeping for 3 hours before I woke up again. I got up and went for a walk around the plane before I sat down again for another 2 hours sleep. I then woke up in time for breakfast which was an egg omlette. Once I had eaten I lied down for another 1 hour sleep before the seat belt sign popped due to a very small amount of turbulence. I shut my eyes again for another 30 minutes sleep before it was time to put seats upright and footrests down for landing. The landing was exceptionally smooth and we landed 40 minutes earlier than expected at 6.10am Manchester time.
After we quickly disembarked the plane we headed straight for immigration where we had to say goodbye to mum who lined up in a different line to us as she holds an English Passport. Going through immigration took forever compared to mum who flew through in about 5 minutes. After 30 minutes of waiting in the line after all the English had been let in we were finally seen and let in to England. We found mum down where the bags come out and she had already pulled all our bags off the conveyor belt. After everyone grabbed their bags we headed through customs and off to the train station. The walk to the train station seemed to take forever and the fact that we were all so tired didn't help much either.
When we finally arrived at the train station after racing down there we found out the train didn't leave for 30 minutes. We brought our tickets and headed outside to wait for the train and eventually boarded at 7.45am. The train ride took 3 hours and we finally arrived in Cleethorpes at 10.54am where we were greeted by Uncle Graham, Aunty Pat and Leo 5 minutes later.
We piled into their cars after packing away our suitcases and they took us to their house for lunch. It was nice to finally have an actual meal which consisted of chili and rice, pizza with apple crumble, custard and ice cream for dessert. Once we had finished eating Noah headed outside to play cricket with Leo, dad and Uncle Graham while Celeste and I stayed inside and chatted to Aunty Pat. We then decided to head down to where we would be staying in Willingham Street as Nikita was feeling very sick and most of us were quite tired. After we arrived at the house we unpacked our suitcases and had a look around before dad headed off to pick up our car.
I pulled out the phone book to find the number of my cousin Sophie to let her know I had finally arrived in England. After half an hour of talking dad kicked me off the phone because he said the call would cost too much. We turned on the TV to watch Neighbours and some of the English Soaps while most of the family headed to bed to sleep or just to lie down. We eventually decided that for dinner all we could be bothered to do was order pizza and after 2 hours of putting the order in the pizza finally turned off. By this time dad and I were the only ones still awake so after filling our very hungry bellies we headed straight off to bed at 7pm.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents