Travelling to Belize
Trip Start Oct 02, 2012
32Trip End Jan 16, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Currency: Belize Dollars
BZ$2 = US$1 (fixed at 2 to 1)
Geographical Size: 8,867 sq mi
The local people are really friendly and helpful.
Getting around the country is really easy.
- The chicken buses run fairly frequently down the popular routes and are pretty cheap. It cost me a total of BZ$36 to travel from Punta Gorda to the Mexican border.
- It is possible to fly internally. Airlines such as Tropic Air have regular flights all over the country.
Travelling into Belize.
There are 4 main entry points into Belize:
- By air into Belize City airport.
- By land either from Mexico or from Guatemala.
- By Sea into the village of Punta Gorda
Entry into the country is free, however there is conservation levy upon exiting the country which is BZ$7.5 plus BZ$30 exit fee.
Cocktails: Panty Ripper