Last day of our travels

Trip Start Dec 08, 2006
Trip End Apr 27, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of India  ,
Thursday, April 26, 2007

The rest of India by Abi
We got in to Udaipur after a long, hard day of travelling. We stayed in an actual palace, where the Maharaja still lives. The swimming pool was stunning, made out of white marble and the view from our balcony was Udaipur's beautiful Lake Pichola. We went to the crystal exhibition; hundreds of years ago one of the Mahrajas ordered loads of crystal objects such as chairs, tables and even beds. But before they arrived the Maharaja died and only 10 years ago did they open the parcel. Before we went to the crystal we went on a boat to an island on the lake, the island has a beautiful building on it that you can have wedding and parties on. After 2 nights we had to move into a lovely little hotel, we had a really nice room with a high double bed and a mattress on the floor with beautiful cushions on it.
After Udaipur we had an 11 hour drive to Jodhpur. We stayed in a place called Singhvi's Haveli. It was really nice and we had a lovely view of Jodhpur. We went for a walk to the clock tower and ended up spending our whole day in a shop of antiques and textiles! The next day we went to the fort and we had an audiotape it was really interesting. We took a train to Jaipur (I met a really nice Indian girl called Harshita Jane).
In Jaipur we stayed in a hotel called Narain Niwas, where we had a beautiful room and a lovely pool. We went up this tower; it is amazing because it has no steps, just a slope. We went to the City Palace, where we saw loads of weapons and armour. In a different room we saw all the Maharaja's and Maharani's clothes. One of the Maharajas was 2 m tall, 1.2m wide and he had a 108 wives! We went to a gem shop and watched them cut and polish them! All over the streets there are cows, wort hogs, elephants and camels, it was an amazing sight to see. We also went to a textile shop and Imi and I had silk saris made (they are so beautiful). We went to the Royal Observatory; it had the biggest sundial in the world. They also had lots of celestial maps for telling people their horoscopes. In front of the Royal Observatory there were men charming their cobra snakes, we sat down next to it and it kept staring at us (it was really scary)!
We soon had to leave Jaipur to go to Delhi; we arrived at our hotel late at night. It looked like a lovely hotel. In the morning we went swimming in the beautiful pool, we ended up spending the whole day at the pool. The next day we woke up at 4.00 am and had a mad taxi drive to the train station. We got on the train and went to Agra. When we arrived we went to a deserted town. We looked round with a guide, we each got to make a wish, if the wish comes true you have to go and nail a horse shoe on the gate for luck. Then after lunch we went to the one of the most amazing places in the world, the Taj Mahal. It was beautiful and we loved it. My mum and dad had a picture on the seat Princess Diana sat upon. We went and saw where Gandhi was cremated and we also went to the sound and light show at the Red Fort. Then at 2.00am we had to take off to London.

The rest of India by Imi
In Udaipur we stayed in a hotel which was a palace, the king still lives there, they call him a Maharaja. The hotel was very beautiful. On our balcony we saw massive bee's nests, then we saw them everywhere. The weather was really hot because we were in the desert. The first restaurant we went to we sat on the roof, it was so amazing! In the streets the only animals you would see are cows.The shops were really nice, me Abi and Jack bought some leather books.
In Jodhpur all the houses are blue. In the taxi ride there was a bit in the night and it was really scary. In Jodhpur we had to drive in Tuk Tuk's as taxis can't come down the streets. We bought some beautiful antiques and sent them home. We went to the Fort, it was really good, the thing that made me really interested was the audio tape, which told you about all the rooms. The restaurant at our place was nice, there were mats on the floor and you ate at little tables.
In Jaipur we went to this really nice restaurant, there were rides. Jack, Abi, Mummy and Daddy went on a camel ride. I didn't go because I was scared on how they got up. The hotel was lovely, it was a palace. The swimming pool wasn't beautiful but it was a good temperature.We met this boy called Cosmo and he was really nice. Me and Abi had some really beautiful saris made. It was scary because we went in this Tuc Tuc to the blue pottery, we suddenly fell in a hole, not a big one, but Jack bumped his head and Abi was terrified. Indian trains are nice because the men at the stations carry your bags on their head.
We went to a hotel in Delhi it was really nice, it had a kitchen and a room you could eat in, The swimming pool was great. We went to the Taj Mahal. The taxi to the station was mad, we got to the station and then we had a long journey. We went to Fatehpur Sikri, we made a wish with some cotton. The Taj Mahal was beautiful, but Agra was really dirty. The plane home was very nice, but a bit bumpy in the night.

The rest of India by Jack
In Jodhpur we went to the Fort, we had earphones like iPods. You press the number and it tells you about things like Canon Balls and things.
In Jaipur we went for a dinner and what we first did was looked at dancing, the ladies had hoops around their heads and pots of fire on their head. We went to dinner, it was amazing, we had no seats and just flat tables on the floor. The cups were made of clay and the plates were made out of leaves. I didn't really like the food. Then me and Daddy went on a camel ride and when we got down, he put his front legs down first then his legs go down and it feels like you are sliding down backwards like a backwards slide. Then we went on an Elephant ride and we went down a slide. We got on the Elephant and we saw a Maze made out of clay. We went on the slide again. We came back very late.
I saw mainly cows, dogs, camels, elephants and monkeys, some had red bottoms! In our hotel there were peacocks, they actually have wings and fly up into the trees.
I had a turban made on a roof, I like it. I can swim a whole length on my back and the girls taught me to dive.
Our Last Day!
We manage to pack our bags! Karen has to do a quick sewing job on Jack's suitcase as it is at the end of its life after 5 months traveling! We find a lovely calm taxi driver for the day to see a few sites of Delhi. We visit the Qutb Minar, which is from the onset of Islamic rule in India. In the grounds stands the first Mosque to be built in India. We also visited  the Raj Ghat, where the cremation of Gandhi took place. We had our last swim and managed to see the sound and light show at the Red Fort before heading for the airport. Just to finish the trip at a pace our flight left at 2.00am in the morning! However, now well traveled, the gang took it all in their stride!
Mixed feelings all round as we head home, India has been the most amazing place to finish our travels and the experiences will stay with us for ever. We will definitely be back, we have so much more to see! 
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: