The hurricane

Trip Start Jul 30, 2008
Trip End Aug 04, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Carvnial Ecstasy

Flag of United States  , Texas
Monday, August 4, 2008

          Yesterday I was finally able to relax on vacation which is very rare for me. I guess snorkeling in the Mexican sun for three hours really got to me. Yesterday morning I was being lazy and ran into my neighbors on the ship. They were going to the class to learn to make towel animals, so I joined them. I loved getting to the cabin each night and seeing which towel animal they left me. I ended up hanging out with John and Don the entire day. I wish I had met them sooner, they were really fun to hang out with. 
        After the towel class we went and played mini golf on the upper deck. It was funny because the wind was really strong and kept blowing the ball around. A tropical storm was forming and we hit the tail end of it. The winds were crazy, about forty miles and hour or so, and the rain was so strong it felt like hail. We sat on the deck behind a wall of plastic windows, so we were shielded. Later we went to the bar and saw the tropical storm warnings on TV. It's due to hit Houston and Galveston tomorrow morning at 2. Luckily my flight leaves in a few hours, so I'm just beating the storm. Even though it might sound scary it was really cool to be in the tropical storm. I've never been near or seen a hurricane or tropical storm before.
        Yesterday was a pretty lazy day. We spent hours on the deck and made it to a pizza lunch with a bunch of people who's rooms were on the same level as mine. I meant to make it to salsa classes and a volleyball game, but those required way too much energy. This morning we left early and John gave me a ride to the airport, which sure beat the airport shuttle. We stopped in a cute little town, I think called Spring, and got lunch. It was cute, but I certainly won't miss the Texas humidity. We saw a place with fried oreos, twinkies, and snickers bars. John says they're really good, but I think it sounds like a lot of heartburn.
      I've heard various things about cruise ships. Most people have told me that you hardly feel the boat moving, although this certainly wasn't the case the first day of the cruise. We definitely felt the boat moving and we were all joking that we couldn't tell if it was the boat or the alcohol that was making us crash into each other and the walls. It was definitely the boat because most of us hadn't had that much to drink yet. By the second day it was much better and easier to walk around. We may have just gotten use to it, but I think that the water was a lot choppier that first day. It wasn't enough to make any of us sick though. Anyway, this was a great vacation. In a way I don't want to leave but in a way I was ready to get off the boat. I'm sure I'll try cruising again, but next time I'll go for a cruise with more ports of call.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: