Golf and Phoenix
Trip Start Mar 14, 2007
51Trip End Jun 12, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Some facts about Phoenix:
- Mesa (a district within the city) manufactures Apache helicopters
- Fountain Hills, has the highest fountain in the world @ 560 ft, taller than the Washington Monument (see previous entry)
- There are over 300 golf courses in the city, more than any other area in the world.
- Phoenix is the retirement community of the west. Even RV sites have an age restriction of only +55 (and yes, I've been allowed to stay!)
- We-Ko-Pa (the best desert course in Fountain Hills) means "Four Peaks"
- Phoenix is the fastest growing city in the US.
- Fountain Hills is the home of the Yarapai Indian Nation
-There are no bugs that bite @ night.
- There are no "gators" on golf courses.
- There are numerous poisonous snakes (especially "rattlers") but they only reside in the rough!
- Golf Clubs actually promote the breeding of rabbits (food for snakes) but,
- The death rate for golfers on golf courses in Phoenix, is the highest in the world!
- Short and straight is the main philosophy
- There a more golfers taking lessons here, than anywhere else in the world.
-There is the largest sports movement here, to make fairways wider!
- I'm going for a lesson, very, very soon!!!